• Maxh
    Nice double
  • dodd

Hi Maxh.

Apologies I only had the one winner in Tiffin Top. The trixie didn’t pay out as it was win only although why I have mentioned Mint Gold in hindsight was probably to blow my own trumpet at no advantage as I backed it at 6/1 last night and it went off at 20/1. Somebody will have benefited from a place but not me I’m afraid.
  • Maxh
    It's great picking Dodd and you're well entitled to modest bragging rights.
    Continue the excellent contributions which always prompt me to pay close attention to key horses!
  • dodd
    Thanks Maxh.
  • dodd
    Kempton 6.30 - I’ve had to have a go on Dawn Commando with Adam Kirby getting the ride again. It latest run looks far and away the best form in here despite being beaten 4 lengths. This by a horse who’s since won off of 55, which was its hatrick. Even the second fav Red Cossack on the form doesn’t look anywhere near winning although this is a 12 runner and it would be no surprise to see a donkey nipping it. Brief mention to Sir Lancelot who has ran well on its only appearance at this track but is probably priced about right at 14/1 given there is not much else to go on regarding it. Going for the lightly raced Kirby mount though who is a justified fav.

Kempton 8.00 - Kirby again on Unforgiving Minute who looks a standout ew bet in this having won off of 4lb higher which is the highest winning mark in the race if I’m right. Most of these rivals are certainly capable but I think a fair few of them will need this run. Kirby has won on it for this stable when it trained the horse previously and he has also won on it for Clive Cox. Can’t see it out of the places. So 6/1 is a touch more than a free bet to nothing.
  • AKD
    Nice write up, good luck.
  • dodd
    Thanks AKD
  • AKD
    Well done with Dawn Commando, good late money for it.
  • Dexy
    Nice one :up:
  • FLA
    So close with unforgiving minute
  • dodd
    Thanks All.

Dawn Commando justifying late market money to win dominantly from the front. 1st

Unforgiving Minute as I expected was more than capable in that company and despite a slight market drift was just beaten a short head I’d say into 2nd ew landed
  • JOEMUGG
    well done
  • dodd
    Thanks Joe
  • Maxh
    Well done with both proposed selections
    Excellent write ups
  • dodd
    Thanks Maxh

6.30 Chelmsford - A trappy affair with a few up and down horses who are early in their progression but I’ve had an average punt on Mildean Panther who’s came in for a bit of support back in trip on it’s second time handicapping. First time visor applied which will hopefully see a focused run late.
  • dodd
    7.30 Chelmsford - I like Rose Berry under SDS from the market front 3. Indian Tygress could be the best of the lot and the market would suggest that so I’ve done Rose Berry w/o Indian Tygress at 9/4. The horse has tended to need its run on reappearance but that was not the case on recent reappearance and on that basis it’s definitely backable in this company. The Richard Hughes debutant is a fairly unknown in my eyes although although the market would suggest its fancied somewhere but not by me. Last mention is for the consistent Chica De La Noche who I have stuck in a small stakes combo t/c with IT and RB (1,2&8as its getting over a stone from the front of the betting.
  • AKD
    Good luck, Dodd. I had already backed Sing Bertie and Indian Tygress in those two races (along with White Coat in 7:00), but I had your two as the main dangers in both races.
  • dodd
    you won’t see me complaining at an Indian Tygress, Rose Berry 1 2 pal :joke:
  • dodd
    Apologies for Mildean Panther then. An awkward ride by all accounts and ridden the full way but never in contention.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.