• dodd
    Rubbish. The drift near the off isn’t always a bad thing but it normally is.
  • dodd
    4.50 Taunton A sketchy looking handicap where Danboru is favourite on its second appearance for Tim Vaughan. Although it didn’t get home on worse ground than today against a poor finishing field lto it ran encouragingly but not encouragingly enough for me to back it today against what looks a stronger higher rated field. I’m having a go at this race with the very inconsistent Knightoftherealm ew, who makes its 3rd appearance of the year and at a decentish price. The stats will say that it’s far from proven to get round and that’s regardless of the ground, regardless of the trip but it’s been to Taunton twice and finished twice and if it makes it 3/3 than it’s not without a chance in this company. The trainer doesn’t have many runners or winners but he runs 2 in this and I hope I’m picking the right one. He hit a smart bit of form around this time last year.
  • dodd
    No surprise from that selection then :angry:

Very late this one so no explanation but

6.30 Wolverhampton Primos Comet ew 5/1 3 places
  • dodd
    Rubbish. Just pipped for 3rd
  • dodd
    Late as usual

4.25 Fontwell win bet on Three Faces West, first run since leaving Hobbs, will appreciate drier ground than last runs and could spring a surprise.
  • dodd
    Rubbish. Was travelling well enough and simply stopped
  • dodd
    Hi all, not been posting much recently as I’ve been taking a bit of a backseat although I have been looking in and the forum has been booming lately. Anyway, Cheltenham eve is upon us and as I mentioned on Hippos thread I am taking advantage of SkyBets offer in the SNH, the opening race of the festival tommorow.

1.30 Cheltenham a fascinatingly open encounter to kick start the week, where the major players have a few entries and cases can be made for plenty entrants. I’ve whittled it down to three, sort of. Firstly, I like Al Dancer and it will be my main selection, I think it’s credentials are second to none in this field and it’s form thus far absolutely justifys a solid position near the head of the market. Proven on the ground, course form, consistency, strong smooth traveller, all things that point to an outstanding chance in my eyes. I was interested in both Klassical Dream and Aramon for Willie Mullins, the latter who looks fairly priced but have backed away from them as I’m not convinced how they’ll handle a strong pace in these conditions so I’m placing my nothing too lose money elsewhere. Fekir D’Oudaries early runs have shown that he can be anything and holds many of the traits I mentioned for my main selection Al Dancer, a weight pull for an age allowance can further enhance its chance at the business end and I’ve stuck a fee bet I have with WH on him as a saver. Last but I suppose not least is an outsider in the field, Tokay Dokay for the Skeletons, who could be a bit steep in the market and I’m hoping I’ve stole a march. Fell lto in a grade 2 at Kempton early doors having gone 3/3 in his racing career and reopposes a couple of rivals from that day again tommorow. Had we seen a true run at Kempton and a justification of his results beforehand then I think he’d be around 20s or so and for that reason I’m having my other free bet from WH on him at 66/1 to see if that fall has affected him but for what’s it worth, I think Al Dancer May just be the class horse in the field here and could have that little bit more but Joseph O’Briens horse looks aimed at this hmmmmm.

All the best everyone. Will be having a go at the Arkle and the Champion Hurdle also and will post accordingly.

GL if you follow :blush:
  • dodd
    P.S avoiding going mad on the above mentioned races. As mentioned previously there are too many high class horses for me to jump in.
  • dodd
    Sorry it’s late but

6.45 Wolves if taking to the longer trip then Ivory Charm looks very well treated to go in here or at least go close. 5/1 ew for me. Gets plenty from Barossa Red and there wasn’t much between them last time.
  • dodd
    Nowhere. Apologies.
  • dodd
    Couple of selections today. I like both Brian Hughes mounts for J Ewart at Haydock and I think they’ve both got leading chances in these conditions.

3.50 Haydock - Ettila De Sivola 9/4
    5.25 Haydock - Foxey 7/2
  • dodd
    Grrr frustrating. Beat even money and 3/10 favs but both finished 2nd
  • dodd
    Even more frustrating is that I’ve just read that Jennie Candish hasn’t won a bumper in 5 seasons 0-40. Today had to be the day though :rage:
  • AKD
    Unlyucky, mate. It looked a very difficult day, especially at Haydock despite the small fields. I had only one bet today on an 8/11 shot, but wasn’t very confident, and yes it got beat. Tomorrow’s another day, keep them coming.
  • AKD
    Even more frustrating is that I’ve just read that Jennie Candish hasn’t won a bumper in 5 seasons 0-40. Today had to be the day though :rage:dodd

Yes, first bumper winner in over 5 years. It was that kind of day, my one was beaten by one of Oliver Greenall’s who was 1 from 62 in novice hurdles before today lol.
  • dodd
    Sickener mate and doubly so when they beat a favourite especially Farrants Way that’s went off at 2/9 and finished 3rd in a 3 horse race. Like you say onto the next one
  • dodd
    A few smalls stakes today. Trixie at Hexham and singles at Hereford.

Hereford
    2.30 Tiffin Top
    4.00 Little Millie

Hexham
    2.40 Mint Gold
    3.10 Katalystic
    3.40 Ginger Flame
    4.10 Arizona Bound

Tempted to have a big go on Ginger Flame as the trainer has a decent record at the track and it’s his only entry.
  • AKD
    Well done with couple of winners, especially Ginger Flame. You seemed confident about it, and it won easy.
  • dodd
    A few smalls stakes today. Trixie at Hexham and singles at Hereford.

Hereford
    2.30 Tiffin Top 1st :strong:
    4.00 Little Millie 2nd :cry:

Hexham
    2.40 Mint Gold 3rd @ 20/1
    3.10 Katalystic
    3.40 Ginger Flame 1st
    4.10 Arizona Bound

Tempted to have a big go on Ginger Flame as the trainer has a decent record at the track and it’s his only entry.
    dodd

Don’t know what to say about that Trixie :rofl: sat and looked purely at trainer/jockey track from and LSP sums. Lucinda Russell had two runners in the 2.30 and 4.10 and you guessed it, I picked the D Fox mounts and the B Campbell mounts truly obliged.

Didn’t back Glinger Flame to add insult to injury and it’s scooshed in against what was on paper a very competitive field.
  • AKD
    Unlucky mate, it seems we are both having similar luck at the moment.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.