• AKD
    No need for apologies, mate. Looking back, the winner is not a surprise as he had dropped the most in handicap last few months, but it was a race anything could have won. I backed Sing Bertie @ 2/1 this morning despite having reservations about the draw, he ended up going off at 6/1 so I didn’t have much confidence at the off.
  • dodd
    Yes AKD as I mentioned, a trappy race where you’re right any could’ve won.
  • dodd
    No good tonight
  • dodd
    Had a look at Kemptons card and I have had the one bet. A decent ew one

Kempton 4.25 - A polytrack debut for Liberation Day at Kempton having won his 2 starts at Wolverhampton this year for Tom Dascombe, none of which have been under stable jockey Richard Kingscote. Hopefully today will be 3/3 this time under Kingscote. A few who finished behind him at Wolves reoppose today but my selection looks well treated and on similar or somewhat better terms than those affairs. The market has this race tight and at around 9/2 currently I can afford to go ew with Hills who are going 1/4 on the 3 places.

Good luck and good weekend all.
  • dodd
    That was a disappointment. Couldn’t get out for a clear run at all. Finished well back.
  • dodd
    6.00 Southwell - Can’t really have the short priced Thunder Buddy as it didn’t really get the job done well enough lto imo and one that could be severely well in is bottom weight Going Native with a 7lb claim. It won over the mile and a half last time and you didn’t think the drop back to 7f May just be a bit on the sharp side but it has run competitively over c&d early in its career off a mark around the mid 60s. Got to be in with a good shout here. Also had a small go on Soqqaan
  • dodd
    One today

Doncaster 3.45 - As it stands Red Verdon is the class horse on the race. Goes well fresh, has ran well at the course and has Ryan Moore on board. That’s enough for me
  • FLA
    Brill dodd. I followed :smile: . Thanks
  • dodd
    Thanks FLA. although the shorty had won its last race on these shores. It has beaten nothing of any note for me to fancy it against the likes of Red Verdon.
  • AKD
    Well done, Dodd.
  • dodd
    Sorry it’s late.

8.15 Newcastle - Pains me to back a horse named Koop but it’s ran into a few that have continued to show they know where the winning post is recently and it has kept its mark in here where it’s up against a few unknowns on this surface. Got a great chance if it runs true. Also had an ew on Quanah who I think could surprise.
  • dodd
    Nowhere
  • dodd
    Nothing significant for me tonight at Wolverhampton. You could make a case for plenty across the 6 races but I do think Anthony Brittain has a good bunch going out tonight so I’ve trixied the 4 of them.
  • dodd
    As predicted they were a good bunch. Nearly a very good bunch. Three 3rds and a win for International Law in the last gets me a tiny profit on the ew acca.
  • dodd
    Here we go for tonight then.

Kempton 5.45 - A lot of these are making their handicap debut and are relatively lowly marked as they haven’t produced much in their early careers. Even the second fav Nefyn Beach can’t be terrifically facied and on that note, that is why I’m on the fav Cauthen who showed improvement to finish 5th on his latest run over c&d. He’s dropped down another 1lb for that and this could just be a very lenient and winnable mark at this level.

Kempton 7.15 - A competitive handicap here in which I hope I’ve found an angle in the fact that the vast majority of these having been won or got competitive in the class below. That doesn’t apply to Rashdan who makes his first appearance of the year for Hugo Palmer under James Doyle. He comes back down to c4 having been racing at a higher level over the back end of the summer and into the Autumn. Both wins have been on the artificial surface and he will hope to make it a third on the polytrack tonight. The abscence shouldn’t be an issue and he sets a good benchmark. After all that I’ve had to have an each way on the biggest priced Movie Set, a 7 year old who’s only graced a race course competitively 8 times but looked a good thing for Godolphin in 2015. Hasn’t had it easy for onereason or another and has only been seen on the flat once for Richard Spencer where he finished last in a class 5 at Salisbury on the turf but he has been competitive when hurdling and he has won over them. It’s very much a who knows with him being thrown in here but he could be in with a tickle and at 40/1 I’m paying to find out.
  • dodd
    Dean Ivory obviously been working some prominent aggression into Gregorian Girl. Been left in the stables thus far and wins from the front like that :groan:
  • dodd
    Useless tonight
  • dodd
    One today

4.40 Nottingham - Good to have some competitive flat racing on the turf again and I like Mark Johnson’s Bo Samraan to be the best of the 3 years olds in this race. Up a lb since last seen in a class 2 Nursery at HQ where he ran well in a decent looking race. This looks a tad easier and given the fact Johnson’s has him extended over the quarter mile again makes me think that this is the trip. 2nd fav She’s Apple for Roger Charlton is yet to be seen competitively on the grass. My selection proabably faded close home in its last outing but I’m hoping a strong push from the front will get it home first, similar to that of the trainers Rochester House at Pontefract yesterday who won very well, making all against an odds on horse in a 3 runner. 9/4 with SkyBet currently. GL
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.