• dodd
    Will have a go at Wolves tonight. First one below.

16.55 Wolves I really like the chances of Caledonia Laird ew in the first which is a weak looking apprentice handicap. The horse Is 3lb below its last winning mark with Georgia Dobie claiming another 3. Georgia’s last winner was on board Caledonia Duchess for this trainer at this track so make of that what you will.
  • dodd
    :party: Caledonia Laird wins well and more than pays for the day. On :fire: at the minute.

Don’t fancy much else tonight but will have a small one on the Appleby debutant in the last.

8.25 Wolves Not a very backable race with Appleby running 2 and it’s a struggle to find value overall. I don’t usually do debutants but the fact the Appleby yard is in such good form leads me to have a small one on Cirque Royal. Marhaban is long odds on but had the run of the race on its second start and won from the front, the blinkers are off aswell so we will see what happens. Cirque Royal has pedigree to do well in this and if it rivals its odds on stablemate in taking up the running then who knows. A speculative bet.
  • calvert
    Well done Dodd
  • dodd
    Thanks guys.

One selection today.

4.10 Newcastle I have it between the market front 3. Short price Tetradachm is up 9lb for taking the race on and hammering its rivals on its debut for Rebecca Menzies. I don’t think it will get away with similar tactics here with my selection Royal Cosmic ew being prominent. Ran well enough on its reappearance over c&d before sticking it out at Southwell next time. Can’t see it being out the front 3. The 3rd at Southwell, Seasearch won over an extended trip at Southwell last night. Flood Defence is also worth a mention and possibly interference on its last few runs have not helped it but it’s also racing off a bit higher But can’t be ruled out but I’m going with the Fahey runner for the double.
  • dodd
    :party:
  • JOEMUGG
    great shout
  • dodd
    Thanks folks. Pulled me out a hole today. I like following the selections of others especially with a write up and I’m never strict enough to stick to my own judgments but just part and parcel of following the forum I suppose
  • calvert
    Well done Dodd
  • AKD
    Won very easily, good reasoning and well done.
  • dodd
    Thanks AKD and Calvert
  • Dragon2
    Excellent work Dod
  • malawi
    Great stuff Dodd vwd
  • dodd
    Thanks
  • owenjohn
    Great stuff Dodd, cracking thread going here :cheer: :clap:
  • dodd
    Thanks owenjohn. I’m a novice when it comes to the true reading and breaking down of racing. I’m not in the same league as many on here but I will enjoy it while it lasts :lol: I just like to look at things from my own perspective and it’s paying off currently
  • dodd
    Ok so I’ve had a look at Ffos Las for tomorrow and I’ve tried to find an angle with the forecast conditions so with all that taken into account I’ve had a large bet on one

Ffos Las 4.45 I can’t see past Ballotin on his 3rd time chasing on these shores. Both Dineur and Double Ross would hold claims on older form but I’m factoring in Dineur not essentially proven on the going and Double Ross who I’ve profited from before, I think it’s best days are back in the mid 10s. I can’t find much in the way of opposition apart from the 3 mentioned. Mister Robbo is near the front of the market but I can find little on its background other than point to point success. I think Ballotin is the class horse in the field and I hope the mark reflects that.With relatively low mileage on the clock, a sucker for the ground, there’s a couple of valid positives I couldn’t bypass.
  • dodd
    Hi all, apologies about the late selection but here goes ...

2:30 Southwell Massive opportunity for Purple Rock to get a win for the first time in over 2 years. It’s form is tied in with the fav, country n western by Vivernus who beat country n western by 13 lengths. Hidden Depths tried to steal a weak maiden from the front at Lingfield but didn’t quite get home, this is tougher although it can’t be ruled out. I like the credibility of Purple Rock here and this race is well within its scope so I’ve had a good win bet.
  • Rodeo
    well done m8..
    :starstruck:
  • CMB
    Well done just got on at 11/4 cheers :clap:
  • Dexy
    Great stuff dodd :clap:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.