• AKD
    I don’t believe it was a case of just Altior not staying the trip. Cyrname seemed to be travelling that bit better throughout the race, and it didn’t look like Altior will be able to go past him.
  • Mugz
    No way was the trip the issue. A deeper field would have seen the 3rd beaten a distance.
  • Hippo
    Sweeping statement that mugz! 2m 5f in near heavy ground? Admire your confidence in such a judgement.

Cyrname won fair and square under a canny ride by cobden. Well done to nicholls and co , good plan excellently executed. Obviously a very good horse at ascot over 2m 5f. Never looked like getting beat. Good ride good horse and good training performance.

I have a horrible feeling that might be the last we see of Altior. Connections looked gutted and no positives at all. Looked beat after 3rd fence, never travelling and didnt even hit its flat spot that normally lights the fuse. It looked spent to us and only its class kept him there. I think he may have shown “thats it” and nicky will make the right decision when the dust settles. A sad day but they are not machines. Nicky will do the right thing for the horse.

All that said, cyrname was superb and a very worthy winner
  • headlad
    1-0 to the Fat Oaf :yum:
  • Hippo
    Very helpful
  • Mugz
    Hippo, usually if a top rated horse runs to form or better then it would take a very good horse to even make a race of it. Looking at the way Cyrname won lto at Ascot, there is no reason to believe that the rest would have been any closer had they turned up.
  • LDJ
    Class comment H considering spot on
  • Hippo
    Mugz, you are entitled to your views but thats a stupid comment:

1) if they all ran to their marks there would be no bookies
    2) actually i cant be bothered! You haven’t read what i was saying .....goodnight and over and out! You obviously prefer to support your multi ids dross and secondly, dont insult my intelligence!
  • Mugz
    For the record I was expressing my opinion on what is obviously a top class horse. If you cant accept the fact that he beat a decent field by 17+ lengths at Ascot fair enough, but nobody can now say that was a fluke. No reason to suggest that would not have happened again if the field was deeper.
  • Dazzler
    Mugz, whilst you are in a 'for the record' mood, why not answer the question of why you allow multi ID'ers on this forum?
  • Mugz
    If you know of a way of stopping someone repeatedly signing up I'm all ears.
  • Archie
    Is the ip not the same ?
  • JOEMUGG
    you can change your ip in seconds usually
  • Dazzler
    What about an open admission?.....would that be enough???
  • Mugz
    What?
  • Dazzler
    Forget it Mugz, why act stupid now?? You must just like p*ssing the decent posters off!! You stick with the multi ID'ers mate and let them continue with their crap tips and even replying to themselves!! Sad really!
  • Mugz
    Lets hear your answer to stopping multi ids, have you got one?
  • Mugz
    If you are referring to my comments on the Altior race, they were not intended to p anyone off, and Im not responsible for anyone's actions as a result of them.
  • Dazzler
    IP address? Being an as*hole? Open admission on forum? I know who they are and I dont run the forum!! Over to you.......
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.