• Hippo
    I may have mentioned it (!!!), but i dont like this man very much, but that aside. he appears to be taking on a Boris Johnson persona ie lie through his teeth! Let me explain!

Now in his Stable Tour (could the RP have licked his bottom any more?), he headlines it "other stables prefer a fast start, im different and like to progress my horses as the season wears on...its not all about early numbers"...a fair statement if coming from someone trustworty's mouth but dear old Paul seems to forget that prior to the last 2 seasons (when his early season horses were poor after a period of where his good horses had got old and retired)...he used to tear into a big lead and Henderson only started to peg him back when the big races (and prize money) arrived. So you can forgive this memory lapse (much as Boris Johnson has forgotten his numerous affairs and the odd domestic abuse episode!)....but then he has been running a multitude of good horses in weak races at way odds on (quite a few beat!). Todays another great example at Ludlow and Taunton.The 225 at Ludlow is a prime example...so you are not after a load of early winners at any cost then? (oddly i think i may have one to cause an upset)

Why does he act like this? Does he think we are stupid or care? its just like BJ...cheap snipes at his opposition. You dont hear that nonsense coming from Henderson. He openly said "nothing til November and then boom!(i must admit he caught me out...there was a thought a few may need the race, but no theyve come out and won nicely).

ill tell you why Nicholls behaves like this...no class and hes not very educated either (not that it matters, watch how Gordon Elliot behaves...no cheap shots or sniping at Mullins, but full of praise for others...and Gordon would be the first to admit he isnt educated). Nicholls never compliments anyone =barhimself and certainly noone outside of "team Nicholls".

Before anyone comes on about paranoid etc etc, this is a racing forum, a place to discuss Racing and everything that goes with it. So just my opinion im putting out there the same as we would be discussing Clopp, Pep or Ole. Actualkly doesnt bother me in the least and i just get on with it, but i find his whole strategy classless and tacky and like to point that out
  • Fuzzybear1649140
    So what your saying matey is that he is not on your Christmas card list .
    Enjoyed the write up
  • Fuzzybear1649140
    :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
  • Hippo
    Fuzz, i think he may have crossed me off when i called him a fat classless Oaf at Sandown 3 years ago! Not sure, but that may have swayed it! (i was with one of warren Greatex's owners who had just taken a horse away from Nicholls as it had run twice in 2 years)...how we laughed! he told us to F off several times!

And the biggest certainty of all time is that Cyrname will have a small ligament pull on the eve of the Ascot clash with Altior...despite all his fighting talk about not being afraid!
  • Stevie Wonder
    Totally agree Hippo - on my one actual engagement with Pumpkin Head at Ascot a few years back, he couldn't even be civil! Can't stand the fat oaf
  • LDJ
    I’ll 2nd that stevie met him in the bar at the Hennessy push in front and was effing and jeffing blowing his own trumpet showing off he had the fav I think
    We went and sat next to Alan kings table he chatted away to us and his owners and his horse won the Hennessy as he said it would good old smad place
  • Dazzler
    Lots of people say exactly the same about Nicholls!! Also agree with your thoughts on Henderson and Elliott too Hippo!!
  • peregrine
    Now now I watched Paul nicholls interview with Matt Chapman and he came across a very nice man.he said that Nicky Henderson has got a very strong team this year and that his horses will hopefully be better in another year or two going forward. As for altior he said that is still the one to beat . I see they meet next week cyrname and altior .I'd be expecting altior to beat it on this occasion only as Paul nicholls are needing the run ! Harry Cobden sat on cyrname the other day and like all racing fans is looking forward to it.but hopes cyrname still has some petrol left in the tank when altior attacks. But how will the race pan out altior might go from the front if Nico de bonville decides. Whatever nothing has been able to really give altior a race up to now. But when cyrname is fully fit it will be just what racing needs .and he spoke nicely about Nicky Henderson and a few other trainers.:up:
  • Hippo
    Pere, he has been told to! He hired a PR trainer after it went viral with him punching the air, screaming and ignoring Nicky Hendersons congrats handshake at Sandown a few years ago. His owners (like Barber and Co ) told him to grow up and he was ruining their "product". He was just like it as a second rate jockrey riding for Baker, Holder and co (the Bristol Mafia!)...maybe thats where it comes from ie the complex that hes inferior to the Hendersons and co who are steeped in racing history and tradition.

Have you ever met him? If you had you wouldnt be defending him. He is a loutish oaf. Noone questions his ability but this sport needs good PR and hes an ass. Thus the odd nice interview (that you saw...carefully scripted by his PR guru) but he slips straight back into his classless ways immediately afterwards. Come to Lambourn and meet the trainers. Henderson is pure class with everyone...even the odd drunk or too at a meeting. He admires Nicholls as a trainer but doesnt like him as a man but has the good grace to be a gentleman and keep his thoughts private.

As for Cyrname, why is anyone even talking about it in the same breath. For the record (again) Cyrname has won 6 (1 in France when not Nicholls) out of 16 races and only one at Grade 1 against a dodgepot Waiting Patiently a winner of 1 Grade 1 (against an ageing Cue Card). Altior has won 20 of 22 races of which 10 YES 10 were Grade1s. Cyrname only sticks to courses where he can win ie Ascot whereas Altior wins everywhere (Chelt, Liverpool, Sandown et al). Ctrname would never take Altior on at 2miles, Altior will take on Cyrname at any distance)....need i continue.

If Cyrname beats Altior fair and square (i doubt it will run...Nicholls pulls a novice hurdler if he hears theres a chance of being beat!), ill say fair play. But as i say i fear a slight muscle spasm or ligament pull will beset Cyrname a day or two before the race!!
  • peregrine
    He did mention that cyrname is better going right handed but let's remember altior us the champ and who actually knows if these have trained on ? I know Nicky Henderson wants as most of his team for it to go up in trip. So 2 miles is not on its agenda for the time being.now let's also remember this race isn't their target . They get them ready for the big races later on.i agree that cyrname hasn't got the CV and never will of altior. But it's an up and coming improver . So if. Altiors on its way out the old age thing it's got to lose sometime and can't go on forever but would they run it if it wasn't showing something at home.these guys aren't fools.should be good too watch.::up:
  • Hippo
    Yes mate, agree with that. The feeling from the camp is that it is getting older and slower thus the step up in trip. Nico said he felt it was "beat" twice last season as it got a bit outpaced but the way it sprinted clear from the last suggested it had slowed and would be better if things werent going so quickly for him. Its cantering all over everything at home....not that they run it against top guns as its very precocious and they dont want to leave it at home. Thats it for it now, the work is done. He gets himself fit and believe you me they dont want to lose to Cyrname (they are still "secretly" fuming that Cyrname was rated above them for 1 run against a sicknote horse Waiting Patiently...the BHA are bufoons!).

Will he get 2.5 miles, absol;utely...3? Hmmmmm yes at Kempton...3m 2f at Cheltenham...who knows! But it will ne fun finding out and win lose or draw Altior is 10 times the horse Cyrname is and always will be!
  • Dexy
    If the grounds right Cyrname runs.. :ok:
  • Hippo
    From Yesterday: "Wondering what your thoughts were on the fat oaf shouting out this morning “Al Dancer will never beat getaway trump again” result: al dancer beats it again! “Politiclogue has had wind op and should win today as it’s different class to defi de seul”.....result: defi beats it easily. “Quel de destin wont be out of first three” result:!not placed! Now ecco is his cert apparently!

15 mins later: Oh dear! Ecco thrashed in 3rd! Backed off the boards so ground wasnt s worry.....maybe the oaf isnt as good ss he thinks he is!

But my point is why does he go public slagging off other trainers and horses? So when he gets stuffed he should front up but he wont. It will be the ground, the weight, the seagulls, cobdens an idiot, he had the wrong pants on etc etc etc yawn!! No class, just a whingeing bitter man (no not me!).....but thank you Oaf for the great price on Emmas!!

Today headline in RP: "Politologue camp laeve Cheltenham buoyed fotr Tingle Creek rematch" and hes stating Defi wont beat it again! Sounds familiar? He cant stop himself and his hypocritical big lying mouth! Thought it was going to beat Defi yesterday OAF? It didnt, in fact the race was set up for it and Defi still sauntered past after getting the worst passage going (the 2nd last was breathtaking!).

But in a way he does me a favour. i thought Emmas may be pressing for fav when he announced Ecco was his cert of the day (only after his other CERTS all got beat!) and the blind sheep piled into it only for it to be the first one beat. three weeks he was boasted Getaway Trump would beat Al Dancer, it didnt and neither won!Suddenly the weight told on Quel De Destin.......the list continues. Imagine the pressure on young Cobden with this fat OAF shouting from the rooftops all the time. No wonder ALL of his jockeys quit!

So just waiting for the mystery injury for Cyrname this week...i hear ground is already being mentioned. ....so what Hendersons stance? Quietly entered Altior not afraid that hes running at Cyrnames preferred distance and course and doesnt give a jot about the ground as its a true champ and not a BHA lick bottom winner of 6 of its 16 races! If Altior loses, Henderson will be sporting and graceful, if Cyrname gets beat it will be ground, distance, Cobdens riding, a Suffragette in the stands put him off, Sooty appeared at the furlong pole or Michael Barrymore formally opened GB new Olympic Swimming Pool! ie everyone elses fault bar him!

Over to you guys...
  • Dazzler
    Lol Hippo....brilliant!
  • Valuefinder
    You’ve had some cracking posts this year Hippo but that might just be your best!
  • peregrine
    Well hippo we have only your say on what Paul nicholls has supposed to have said.still it matters not as the yard had 7 runners yesterday all stuffed.hendersons all went the same way. But it matters not as their targets are all at the festival if they Are good enough. These races are used in the main to get them fit.unless the prize money is decent. As for cyrname v Altior I've already posted I'd expect a fit altior to win as did a poll of 80per cent of other race goers. As Paul nicholls horses need a run .the trip is of no concern from Henderson's mob but when they step up to 3 miles or go for the gold cup I'll play crap if it wins that.the gold cup that is. It looked rather lethargic last year as if old age was catching up with it.its had a lot of hard races and it will tell in the end.remember kauto star a fantastic horse that won over all trips. I noticed the other day you remarking on old Boris don't tell me your a Corbyn fan I'm labour but I could never back them with this dangerous leader of the party.
  • Hippo
    Not my word pere.....all over the press and tv. He went oublic on all of them except ecco but a mate showed me the owners brief and we piffed ourselves knowing how strongly both emma and jamie snowden fancied theirs! They could only see each others as dangers!

I know your a fan of the OAF , so tell us all why he keeps boasting they will win (see rp for getaway and politoluge ......nah see racing tv for both) when they “need the run”. So after all of last years hype and boasting about cyrname hes going to send it “needing the run”? Really? Well he is a complete toss”r then bigging it up “im not afraid of altior!”. So he’s effectively lieing then? Sorry mate but i find that insulting to Everyone’s intelligence...including yours! Do which is it? Is he lying to the press and public and cheating them telling them cyrname will win or just a buffoon? I suspect both!

Your other comments are fair, it’s unknown territory 3 miles plus but we can dream. Come to lambourn mate and speak to honest trainers!
  • peregrine
    Ok hippo not really a fan of nicholls but do back the stable when I think they have got a chance .totally agree on altior rating which obviously be higher than cyrnames which isn't rocket science . It's a race as I say most racing enthusiasts have been waiting for . Just hope both or any horse come back safe and sound. Thing about altior it's beaten the best but. Cyrname is an improver.whether it's ready to lower the colours of altior is a other thing.that has it all to do but both trainers are in it to win it. I'd be more inclined they have the later in the season objectives in mind.yes maybe nicholls shouts before he thinks too much. Same old story let the horses do the talking :up: I'm off to haydock on Saturday do this meet every year but will be watching have a nice day.:smile:
  • Hippo
    Cheers mate, totally agree. it will be a brilliant race and whatever the result, both come back safe and sound (its not Cyrnames faults hes trained by a classless OAF!!). I think the difference between the two is Henderson wants Nico to ride without fear ie as if it gets much further...go for it and old money! Which I love about Henderson and his owners, they simply are sportsmen and women. They could have sat and won another Queen Mother but it would haunt Henderson as hes always wondered...now hes daring to do it having finally won round the Pughs. And fair play to the Pughs, what sportsmen/women they are.

Ive been lucky enough to secure an invite to a box with some of Oliver Sherwoods owners so Henderson will be visible to us all day! i know i go on, but he really is a nice guy. I saw him when Sprintre Sacre pulled up and while gutted he knew it was a public horse and pulled himself together and gave a fantastic sympathetic interview to Channel 4. Yes, he shed many tears, but realised he had a duty and was brilliant. The same way he never blames jockeys or any of his staff. He will happily walk through crowds and answer questions and always responds to greetings or questions, no matter how daft! All the trainers that have learnt their craft at his are all the same...knowledgeable but humble with it and his jockeys always speak highly of him. A true gent and genius trainer. Maybe you can see why the OAF riles me know!

Have a great day at Haydock
  • peregrine
    Have a nice day at Ascot I'm pretty sure you will :wink:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.