• Hippo
    now one or two of you may know im not his biggest fan and may have referred to him as a fat oaf on more than one occasion! i was beginning to think i had a "thing" about him and maybe i should cut him some slack....UNTIL i read his post in the Post about his runners for Chelt! what an arrogant buffoon he is! if you take him seriously he'll have about 15 or 16 winners and break every record ever made!

ive also noted theres been a bit of editing in his piece about Clan des Oblong! yesterday he said "...and it absolutely murdered terrefort" i see that has been edited to "thrashing Terrefort"...unusual to see something in inverted comas being edited as it must be exactly what he said". I think someone spotted "murdered" and thought it was inappropriate. Yes he did beat terrefort easily...a horse returning from an awful run and struggling to find any kind of form. Is that really top form?

thats the problem i have with him, he shoots his mouth off and has no class. Remember the wondergirl winning on Pacha de polder (with the dislocated shoulder)? Instead of heaping praise on her his interview after the race was all about him and how HE trained it and how HE allowed her to ride...me me me me me! The fist pumping in the stands when he wins but doesnt notice the fatally injured horse at the 2nd last...because he doesnt care. Daryl jacob called him an arse and so have many others. he was a bent jockey with Richard Holder and Baker...the Bristol Gangsters! He achieved nothing and this fell in his lap.

the mad celebrations at Sandown where he completely blanked Henderson after he offered his hand, instead ignoring him and dancing around the parade ring like a demented lunatic. i was 20 yards away and felt like chinning the useless specimen, as did many others.

Of course has has talent, but you cant buy class. Jump trainers know that glory is often followed by tragedy so its a Band of Brothers approach, the same as the jockeys. But that oaf is classless, selfish and all about him. apart from that hes a good bloke!!!!

He probably will have a few winners but ill laugh my socks off if it blows up in his face as long as no horses get hurt in the process). He should watch videos of Mullins, Elliot and Henderson and learn from masters of their art, but also gentlemen. of course, celebrate, but not in peoples faces.

disclaimer: To any legal entities, or research journalists, i would like to state I mean every word i say, except the bit about decent bloke, that was pure sarcasm!

that should do it!
  • Doubler
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you have him pretty much sussed out Hippo.
  • Stevie Wonder
    I lost all respect for him a few years ago when the trainers championship (IE who won the most prize money) went to the wire in 2011 -12 season I think. I recall Nichools winning the GN which secured the championship. Henderson conceded and was a gentleman in defeat and paraised and congratulated PN. In contrast, PN was his arrogant self punching the air and doing a 'Me Me Me'. I just thought 'WAC'!
  • Dexy
    it's not a "thing" you have more of an obsession... you need to let it go :cool:
  • jimfl
    No obsession hippo say it as u see it
    Class u either have it or not.u have it in abundance
  • Hippo
    Ha ha dexy, i reckon your right!

Stevie, yes he confirmed on last day at Sandown winning the old Whitbread to make sure. He behaved like a horrible little twat in the winners enclosure and several people complained to the clerk of the course about his behaviour!
  • peregrine
    now now hippo i dont think for one moment he thinks they will have 15 or 16 winners. but he has got one or two which have a very good chance. over the last few season they havent had any really. so i suppose he will be getting excited and so he should. it will be better for the british racing fans to not just have henderson taking on the irish mob. when ruby left he knew that nicholls never had any up and coming tackle. and w mullins had plenty. it was the right thing to do. as for nicholls himself i dont know him but if hes got a horse and i fancy it and it wins he can jump all over i aint botherd. but its good too see hes passionate.dont forget this is the one meeting that all the trainers gear up for. and yourself you love it. to get one winner most trainers would be over the moon especially the small yards. but when you go i hope you have a very profitable time. and i reckon you will have a sneaky pound or two on one of nicholls. lol
  • Hippo
    Peregrine...I have no worries about him celebrating...it is incredible hard luck, but its the way he carries himself. And of course hes not going to have 15 winners but read his piece...hes just too cocky!

I like a bit of sportsmanship and humility and in such a dangerous game, he shows none. His top owners even hired a pr guru for him because he was so embaressing and for 6 months he was more contrite, but back to normal in no time.

And no i wont be backing his. If i think they are a good thing i dont bet against for the sake, but dont bet full stop as they will be falsely priced. just as hendersons novice at Wincanton today. its form is rubbish and yet people piled in because its Hendersons.

Nicholls will probably do very well at Cheltenham and I will applaud and congratulate his staff, not him. I hope his hype shortens his chances of the trainer title so i can bet elsewhere. Forgetting him for once, i also think his stable stars, Clan des Oblong thing and Cyrname are overrated and will be backing against both...especially if he dared to take on the "inferior" (according to him and hcapper) Altior...which of course he wont.
  • Dazzler
    Read somewhere last week that a lady was unfortunate enough to share a lift with him at one of the race meetings, and politely asked if he was looking forward to Cheltenham just to make conversation really............the Man chose not to even speak or reply to her!! And I used to like the guy!! Lol
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.