• AKD
    Hope you are all doing well. Depressing situation at the moment, but other than supporting those at front line and trying to make sure we don’t put any more pressure on health services, there is not much else we can do. Still need some distractions, and there is another nice card at Randwick in Australia tomorrow morning so it’s another bet for me. I will donate 50% of any winnings I have over next few weeks to NHS charities, so hoping can start with a win tomorrow.

5:30 Randwick

Group 1 Vinery Stud Stakes at Rosehill and Group 3 Adrian Knox Stakes here are traditionally two key races for this, of last 10 winners of this 5 had run in Vinery and 2 in Adrian Knox. Most of the runners this year are again coming from those two races, both races are over 10f and the key here will be which runner can stay the extra 2 furlongs. Vinery has the stronger form being a Group 1 race and the first 3, Shout The Bar, Probabeel and Nudge meet again but that race turned into bit of a sprint after the winner set slow early pace and just held on from staying on Probabeel. There is a bit of doubt about STB staying this longer trip so it wouldn’t be a surprise if placings get turned here. COLETTE ran in the other race, not sure what she beat but she did it very impressively with a nice turn of foot, there is no doubt about selection’s stamina (dam related to 2 mile Group 2 winner Wareed and 12f Group 3 winner Truly A Dream). So although she needs to improve stepping up in class, I think she will be suited by step up in trip more than others. Stick ‘Em Up was 5th behind Colette but she also caught the eye, she was still in last place turning into the straight but covered a lot of ground to finish 5th, she looks a certain stayer as she is out of Australian Derby winner Dundeel and her dam is half sister to another Australian Derby winner Shoot Out. I wouldn’t rule her out despite being a big price and I am having a saver on her.

Selection - Colette @ 9/4, saver on Stick ‘Em Up @ 22/1

Good luck.
  • Mugz
    Good luck AKD. :up:
  • Mugz
    Well done AKD, she hacked up. Class horse.

:clap:
  • AKD
    Thanks Mugz. Yes, she won very impressively again. Stick ‘Em Up gave a good race too, went as short as 6/1 in running but dropped out of places at finish to end up 5th.
  • Mugz
    Marquand up next going for G1 glory. He already has a winner on the card. Not sure I like the 2/1 but hope he wins.
  • Mugz
    No luck for Tom there, had every chance but faded out of it.

Im going to back ADDEYBB here @ 100/30.Decent price for a proven G1 performer on favoured easy ground. Hopefully this is the one.
  • Mugz
    ADDEYBB destroys them. What a performance.

A G1 for Tom Marquand.

:clap:
  • AKD
    Great shout with Addeybb, well done Mugz.
  • Mugz
    I think Marquands career could go stratospheric after this spell in Oz. I can see him doing all the big International races, possible overtaking Ryan Moore as the top UK jockey.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.