• AKD
    4:30 Epsom

This looks a poor renewal, but a few lightly raced fillies in there, hopefully they will improve. I have had a small each way on MANUELA DE VEGA (14/1, 4 places), finished 2nd in Cheshire Oaks. First 7 in that race were all last time out winners so that looks quite a strong trial. She is 3 lbs better off with the winner Mehdaayih, that alone won’t be enough to turn the placings around as she was beaten 4 and half lengths, but at the prices I think she is worth the risk. Historically, although trial winners have won more often, horses who finish 2nd have proved to be better value. Last 20 runnings, horses who won one of the trials have won this 12 times from 97 runners for LSP of -18, those who finished 2nd in the trials won this 5 times from 47 runners for LSP of +21. Selection’s sister Isabel De Urbina (33/1) was only 6th (well beaten) in this two years ago, so from pedigree perspective that is a bit of negative, but this filly is a bit better and this year’s race is also weaker so I think she can run well. Another possible negative is that stall 1 doesn’t have a good record in either this or the Derby, but Beckett knows what it takes to win this race and I feel she has a good chance of finishing in first 3 or 4, I will be happy with that.

Tauteke also looks a bit overpriced at 66/1, though she does need to improve quite a bit it’s not impossible.

Good luck.
  • Mugz
    Also backed MDV ew @ 16/1 (4 places).

:up:
  • Mugz
    Completely different ground to Chester so you cant take that form literally. trainer said that was just a prep and today is the day shes been aimed it.
  • Mugz
    Thats why you pay big bucks for a top jockey.
  • AKD
    Thanks Mugz, and well done. Manuela De Vega finished a good 4th so small profit made. Winner was not a surprise, she had the form, first two maybe improved a little but probably not a lot, it remains a weak race for a Group 1.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.