• Hippo
    Back from my little holiday which was brilliant ! Fully refreshed and starting a new venture from next week so all re-charged and excited. while i was away please, please tell me you all backed Flippa the Stripper at Sandown at 16/1 in the National Stakes? I thought it was a certainty when i posted it at Chepstow on here and hopefully made it clear they think this is good. My missus took my phone away on landing and only allowed me to place bets and not look at emails or posting etc as i was supposed to be relaxing! i also would have written a massive piece about Phoenix of Spain in the Irish Guineas. ran a cracker against Too darn Hot last year before Hots problems and should have beaten Magna Grecia if it hadnt been hampered and then bumped. Charlie reported it had been working well and would always get a mile and was certain it couldnt be out of the 1st 3 (especially given Too darns problems).

after timing i know but had max ew bets on both and a silly max win on Battash when i saw evs on the morning. so missus happy, as i relaxed and she gets to spend my winnings! Doh!

I think the Derby and Oaks are low grade affairs. I already told you some associates have backed Telecaster at huge odds and too be fair they waded in at the Dante too...thus giving them the £80k to supplement it. i dont think it can win normally but its a poor race and 9/2 on a morrison horse is terrible

Derby:

Ive had an ew bet 4 places on Madhmoon at 14/1. it was the eyecatcher from the Guineas and none of the trials have impressed me.

Oaks

Truth is i dont fancy anything! ive had a tiny nibble on Manuella De Vega at 16/1 as the stable are confident its run at Chester was not its true running. it hated the false ground and the track and they simply think it suited Gosdens better. Trouble is, they now face Epsoms rollercoaster!!
  • Thebookieson
    Got to agree,
    Poor poor Oaks!!
    I’m having a punt on Frankellina in a wide open race.
  • Mugz
    What to make of Sir Dragonet. Gosdens that bolted up in the May meeting at Chester on dire ground ran no race in The Oaks, and punters are faced with a similar situation with Sir Dragonet. Ive always believed that Chester form is only good for Chester races, so is this fav one to take on big time. Will have to sleep on this one.
  • Thebookieson
    Totally agree Mugz.
    However, this is a poor Derby & you never know!
    Price is also far too short.
  • peregrine
    Mugz Oli bell is one of the worst tipsters I've come across :roll: watch him have a good day today :razz:
  • AKD
    Nice placer with Manuela De Vega, Hippo, I also backed it. Trust me I am not simply copying you, but my Derby selection is also same as you, Madhmoon looks good for a place at least.
  • Mugz
    Anyone know what the anonymous pro punter tipped?

:cool:
  • Mugz
    Done Frankie ew. No idea really.
  • Mugz
    Looked tough on paper and even tougher on grass, a mad finish.
  • Bodger
    Well done with 2 good placers Hippo.
  • peregrine
    Yes madhmoon ran very well .:cheer:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.