• Hippo
    I see the Elliot bandwagon turns up at Bangor today...all at half the price they would be if trained by someone else! I think the opposition is strong today and have laid all at silly prices so no real damage done if they win, but a nice profit if at least 3 lose

On a serious point, is this saturation good for racing? Jump racing in Ireland has become quite boring with Elliot and Mullins farming the small tracks where some meetings have odds on shots in every race and the 2nd fav is 5/4! it is killing racing there, will it happen here?
  • Mugz
    Hi hippo, you say no damage done but all winning would cost 12pts, thats a pretty bad day for me !.
  • Hippo
    Yes Mugz, but they should all be at least double the odds...if they drift i may have a bet. Its a bookies trick, plus Ive had a sneaky acca just in case!
  • Hippo
    look at the one in the first....3/1 out to 7/1!
  • Mugz
    Good luck hippo, nice to be having some bets over the sticks for a change.

:ok:
  • Hippo
    yes and good quality too
  • Hippo
    5 down! good old Gordon!
  • insidethestables1
    515 Gonna have an ew bet against his Ayr hot pot

I’ll go with Forsee, a Sea the Stars bought for 45k by current connections. A recent Epsom class 5 winner, should be comfortable in this company

Forsee, 12-1, Lads, Paddy
  • Hippo
    6 down!
  • Hippo
    1 loser at 5/4 so a good days work and proof the markets are false or punters are stupid...or both!
  • Mugz
    Theres one in the Ayr 5.15 for you to lay Hippo, if you are feeling in the mood.
  • Mugz
    He left the best till last, with a last race double at Bangor and Ayr.
  • Hippo
    never touch Ayr.....result usually decided before the race!
  • finley
    Losing lol
  • Hippo
    It was tongue in cheek guys! Never have a winner there and local trainers all seem to know the time of day (as they do anywhere of course). Stopped having a bet there 10 years ago and not had one since.Just cant read Goldie, Fife et al, but good luck to em.
  • Mugz
    I think I may be joining you on that one hippo. The Scottish tracks are very difficult I find, so maybe betting on the big races only is the way to go.
  • The racing voice
    Must admit I don't like Ayr myself either, big fields impossible to work out. Also, I don't like Bangor or Wetherby they are the tracks I personally stay clear of.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.