• Spindrifter
    he should be jailed and banned from training for life
  • Mugz
    A very surprising and shocking story if true.
  • Jack Trotter
    Early days.

Let us see the result of the investigation first but I hope for racing sake this is not true.

JT
  • Mugz
    I think if it was fake it would have been officially announced as such very quickly. There is probably a damage limitation exercise in progress, or the end of a career.
  • Jack Trotter
    I think his days as a top Irish national hunt trainer are numbered.

Personally I am disgusted by this photo and in all honesty hoped it was a hoax.

I cannot accept this explanation or indeed any excuse to do this.

Sad day for the sport and for his owners who have some big decisions' to make in the next few days, weeks and months.

JT
  • ASOTOBAW
    If the photo was of a member of stable staff sat on a dead horse like that would they ever work at a top yard again?

Not A Hope !!!
  • ASOTOBAW
    Leading bookmaker Betfair have discontinued their association with Gordon Elliott as an ambassador after a shocking image emerged over the weekend of the top trainer sat on a dead horse.

Elliott on Sunday apologised for his actions and explained he was distracted by a phone call when waiting for the horse, who suffered an apparent heart attack, to be removed from the gallops.

However, Betfair on Monday morning released a statement saying: "While we recognise that Gordon deeply regrets and apologised unreservedly for his poor judgement his actions are completely at odds with the values of the Betfair brand and that of our employees.

"With that in mind, we have decided to discontinue our association with Gordon with immediate effect."
  • Mugz
    Bold move not to wait for the Irish but BHA cant really lose on this. The Irish need to act quickly to get this resolved.
  • Jack Trotter
    Yes totally agree Mugz.

JT
  • ASOTOBAW
    The second he confirmed the image was legit the IHRB shouldve made a statement and acted...What are they waiting for.
  • Jack Trotter
    Agreed Asotobaw.

He should receive a lengthy ban and large fine.

This action has brought ALL horse racing into disrepute and all the issues surrounding racehorse welfare will be started again despite the superb care racehorses receive. This could set us back twenty years.

Unacceptable in everyway and there is simply no excuse.

JT
  • Mugz
    Update from RP.

Gordon Elliott: 'I'll spend life paying for indefensible moment of madness'

https://www.racingpost.com/news/gordon-elliott-i-will-spend-my-life-paying-for-indefensible-moment-of-madness/475852
  • Mugz
    The story behind the photo is going to take some explaining too, if the rumours are true. :gasp:
  • MrForce
    All this will be be forgotten in a few weeks and nothing will change in response to how the public view racing. Elliot probably should be fined or suspended at most. Some people out there are acting like he's committed a violent act. Even the cheats like Morrison & Henderson, who poison stable horses get away with a little ticking off.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.