• AKD
    Listed Queensferry Stakes (6:30 Chester) - there is a lot going for last year’s winner Major Jumbo (also finished 2nd two years ago), this has been a great race for repeat winners - 3 repeat winners in last 20 years. Kevin Ryan (also runs Emaraaty Ana) has a great record in race with 4 winners from just 9 runners. All of his turf wins have come on softer than good but has run well on this going too. Draw looked to be one problem as 16 of the last 18 winners of this were drawn in lowest 5 stalls, with Keep Busy taken out his chance has improved as he will be in 5th stall now. Judicial has the best stall in 2, 6 of the last 16 winners have come from 2nd stall (6 from 8 that were in first 3 in betting), and he was 2nd in this 3 years ago. So both these have good chances, but I have gone with one at a bigger price. Judicial’s penalty means DARK PURSUIT is best in on adjusted ratings. This is his first run in UK and first since February so fitness has to be taken on trust. It’s hard to assess his form in Qatar, but there were couple of runners from UK and Ireland in his last race there, David O’Meara’s Gulliver (rated 107) was 2 1/2 lengths behind him and Denis Hogan’s Make A Challenge (rated 112 in Ireland) nearly 4 lengths behind, so it’s probably not bad form. Fitness is the main concern and first time at this track, but I feel if he is ready he offers a bit of each way value against the two market leaders.

Selection - Dark Pursuit @ 13/2

Good luck.
  • peregrine
    The rain has arrived hope your selection likes it and good luck
  • AKD
    Thanks Peregrine. Rubbish selection from me, big drift in betting, never in the race, finished about 6th I think.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.