• Bodger
    Please add one you think is best. Remembering there is no such thing as a cert :) If you've come up with the same as me or others, still post it, cos weight of picks may indicate how much of a good thing a shortie may be.

No reasoning necessary but I'll give a reason or two.

Carr. 2.0 Que Amore 4/7 (was 8/13 some minutes ago).

Is rated over 26 points clear of field by Flatstats.
  • The racing voice
    Watford to beat Reading 7/10 (bet 365)

Watford have won all their top flight games.A team is difficult to stop when in that sort of groove.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Exchequer - Lingfield 3.50 - I fully expect this to follow up today
  • Bodger
    Thanks Stevie, GL.

Que Amore gives good start, won easy at 4/7, every post a winning one. Drew a couple of lengths clear 3F out, everything else was rowing from 2F out, pulled further clear then eased down for 1-2 lengths victory.
  • fuzzyduck
    29 Aug 2018 18:55:00 KEMPTON (A.W) Maaward
  • Dexy
    2.50 Lingfield CHICAGO DOLL @4/5 I like Martin Harley he is so strong in a finish. Gd luck
  • Stevie Wonder
    Really expected Exchequer to hack up. Sorry guys. That hit me hard and has *ucked all my accas. :sad:
  • Bodger
    $hit happens, Stevie. Beat the rest of the field easily, but perhaps a bit of a false fav, anyhow not quite as strong as shlda been to justify price.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Did have a fright before the off getting his leg wrapped around a rail - Can't have done his chances any good but that's racing
  • The racing voice
    WATFORD won 2-0 :cool:
  • The racing voice
    KUIPER BELT 8-11
    5.20 Sedgefield

I can't remember the last time Gordon Elliott ran a horse at Sedgefield or if indeed he ever has.
    Hence, it's todays best shortie.
  • Stevie Wonder
    2 from his last 3 there TVR - Short prices.
  • The racing voice
    Ok thanks Stevie it shows how much i take notice of Sedgefield lol
  • fuzzyduck
    30 Aug 2018 16:35:00 FONTWELL Magical Thomas
  • AKD
    Rock On Baileys (5/4) in 3:30 Chelmsford for me, has won 3 times from 5 previous visits here, not over 7f though but has finished 2nd on only previous try at this distance. Her main opponent is running on all weather for first time. Chris Dwyer shows a 10% LSP from over 200 runners here, and his runners have a 43% Strike rate here when favourite (13 from 30, +9 LSP), this is his only runner today. De Sousa/Dwyer combination is 15/63 (+22 LSP) here.
  • AKD
    Well done, Fuzzyduck.
  • AKD
    and TRV, well done.
  • fuzzyduck
    31 Aug 2018 16:30:00 WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W) Muthhila
  • Bodger
    Gone for two of 'em:

Wolves 3.25 Up Ten Down Two 5/2 (Has71.6% of the exchanges market, £16,481 of £23006)

H'ton 4.55 Prince Des Sables 9/4 (Flatstats rating 16.9 clear of 2nd top rated)
  • AKD
    Fancied two at short prices today, backed both but unfortunately didn’t post the first one which won (Almania). So the next one will probably lose lol.

5:35 Wolverhampton - Stringybark Creek (place only @ 13/8) is very consistent and has 50% place strike rate (8 from 16) on all weather. He has 2 wins and 2 places from 6 runs since joining David Loughnane. Has also placed 4 times from 6 previous visits here. Jockey Cameron Noble, who rides horse for first time, has a very good record for trainer (14% win & 40% place strike rate from 50 rides), place strike rate for combination goes up to 57% if you only include horses priced under 10/1 (17 wins or places from 30).
  • AKD
    Great shout with Up Ten Down Two, Bodger, nice price.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.