• FLA
    €5 on the nose. €170 :smile: :smile:
  • Doubler
    Great tipping.
  • Bodger
    Thanks chaps, really glad we made some decent dosh, but the thanks are really due to Leighton Aspell. I've just passed his tips on.

Thing is, you only need one or two of his longshots to win every month to be in profit at these prices. :party:
  • FLA
    Keep them coming . Thanks
  • Bodger
    'Ere we go for Tuesday - but please remember you can go for a week or more without a winner from these, so budget accordingly:

''Tuesday 19th February...........4.00 Wetherby

GALLOWS POINT

Tissue Price 12/1.(15/2 Betfair)

*BEST OF THE REST SELECTION - FAIR KATE 3.10 Taunton - Up in trip after encouraging start to hurdles last time out , should be spot on for this.'' (4/1 Bet365)
  • AKD
    Lovely price, well done.
  • Maxh
    Thanks for sharing
    And good old Leighton!
  • Dadeo
    Wish my dog barked like that. Great Tip Pal.
  • Bodger
    Thanks Dadeo By the way, I haven't got all his results for February, but here's another Barking Dog winner:

Friday 9th February

SEVARANO

Tissue price 16/1

Bolted up, won by a street at 16/1.
  • CMB
    I read this not long after getting up in the morning, only saw Dylan and backed it :gasp:

Great winner well done
  • Bodger
    Oh dear, CMB!!

I'd better repost today's in case anyone misses it:

''Tuesday 19th February...........4.00 Wetherby

GALLOWS POINT

Tissue Price 12/1.(15/2 Betfair.....edit latest: 10/1 in a couple of places)

*BEST OF THE REST SELECTION - FAIR KATE 3.10 Taunton - Up in trip after encouraging start to hurdles last time out , should be spot on for this.'' (4/1 Bet365...edit latest: that 4s has gone, now 5/2 generally)
  • Hippo
    Hi Bodger, brilliant stuff mate and how do you get the miserable bugger to talk! lol! he is a lovely guy but not usually that forthcoming!

and you make a great point, if you are level staking you can afford to lose the next 32 selections! and that is a point missed by so many! I try to stick to level stakes but also separate 10 or so max bets per year where i bet on average 5 times the level stake. These bets should be few and far between. Level staking also makes you look for value and my system, if a little simplistic,generally works if youre disciplined. Of course we all slip (usually at the course when beer kicks in!) but the discipline allows these bets and you can absorb losses and hopefully celebrate an unexpected win (especially if its from a yard at the track).

great thread and winners tho
  • Dexy
    I hope the first sentence is tongue in cheek.. you being a well educated and knowledgable guy :nerd:
  • Bodger
    First one today was well beaten, ran out of puff a long way from home. Main bet to follow at 4pm.
  • Spindrifter
    took movie legend just because of leighton onboard :D
  • Bodger
    Main bet was quite prominent early on but nowhere at the finish.
  • Sweeneytodd
    As I say-our kid told me all his horses are well,fit and forward for this time of year,may be worth keeping an eye out for his runners-Our kids horse is Saisons d’or and also an un-named 2yo which he bought to replace Dream Poet which sadly passed away
  • Bodger
    Thanks for the O'Keeffe headsups wby and Sweeneytodd.
  • Bodger
    ''Wednesday 20th February...........3.25 Doncaster

DANS LE VENT

Tissue Price 10/1. (6/1 Sky)

*BEST OF THE REST SELECTION - REY LOOPY -4.20 Newcastle, Confident choice, looks thrown in this race, and around 4/1 looks a steal.'' (3/1 bet365, Sky)
  • Bodger
    Thanks. I'm on.

By the way, Echo's win yesterday paid 40 win, 11.25 place at BSP.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.