• AKD
    3:10 Uttoxeter - backed a couple in this competitive handicap hurdle, both have placed form at the course. SHANTOU VILLAGE (15/2), Grade 2 winner as a novice and was sent off favourite (pulled up) for the Albert Bartlett at the festival 4 years ago. A poor last season has seen his handicap mark drop considerably, and he showed a sign of return to form last time when finishing 3rd (beaten 4 lengths) in a similar race here on return from break. Dropped another 1 lb since then and jockey Millie Wonnacott takes another 7 lbs off. Jockey booking doesn’t worry me as she has done really well, winning 4 from 16 (+22 LSP) in handicap hurdles (not including conditionals/amateurs races) for Mulholland.

Other one is BALLON ONABUDGET (11/2), he is less exposed with just 11 runs, finished 2nd in a maiden hurdle over 2 miles here, he has improved for stepping up in distance including a win over 2 miles 5 1/2 furlongs, steps up another couple of furlongs today and may still improve further as he is only 7.

I couldn’t really choose between them so backed both each way to small stakes.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Both of them had chances at different stages of the race, Shantou Village hitting a low of 3.0 in running and Ballon Onabudget going as short as 1.25. But in the end SV finished unplaced (5th) and BO a close 3rd at 7/1. So only a small loss on the race, but I should really look at laying in running as a lot of mine seem to go very short in running before losing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.