• AKD
    4:15 Haydock - the race has cut up after the non runners, and all bar one of the remaining runners are maidens so it’s a case of deciding which one can improve the most. QUEEN’S COURSE had 3 all weather runs for William Haggas finishing 5th, 4th & 4th. Has first run for David O’Meara today. Her dam was a pretty good juvenile, winning 4 times on turf, including a nursery off 82 here at Haydock before going on to win the Group 3 Round Tower Stakes, her sister has also won on turf. Pedigree very much suggests that she can improve for switch to turf today, so she is the one I have backed.

4:30 Yarmouth - This looks quite a good race, Envisaging has a good record here including a win under this jockey, Swift Approval looks well handicapped, Delilah Park also has a chance if she can transfer her all weather ability to turf, there are some unexposed 3 year olds too and it’s one of these I have sided with. ROVANIEMI was 3rd of 6 (btn 3 lengths) over a mile here two starts ago but that looked a very strong contest, winner from Gosden yard has won again easily from a mark of 94 at Ascot a week ago. In 2nd was an unbeaten horse from Archie Watson, who finished a close 2nd off 90 at Newmarket next time. Selection was only 5th of 14 at York last time after being slowly away but that was another good race, and I think he has a good chance in this if he is closer to the pace this time. Recall The Show is a potential danger, he is yet to win a race but has run only 6 times, he could go well if coming on for his recent run. The filly Breath Of Joy is also in good form, so a competitive race but I feel Rovaniemi has the most potential.

Bets - win singles on Queen’s Course (5/2) & Rovaniemi (3/1) and an each way double

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Queen’s Course finished 3rd after going clear and trading 1.26 in running. Yarmouth meeting abandoned.
  • Valuefinder
    Queens Course might be one for Brian’s back to lay thread going forward? Or maybe a seperate tracker thread of those sort of horses.
  • AKD
    Yes, maybe. I felt he made his move too early, there were still nearly two furlongs to go I think, and watching the race I feared he would get caught.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.