• AKD
    6:15 Naas

Today’s big race at Naas, the Group 3 Ballyogan Stakes for fillies & mares over 6 furlongs. It’s the first time race is being run at Naas, having been run at various venues in past, Leopardstown, Cork and Curragh. This race has not been a good one for the favourites, only 4 market leaders have managed to win in last 20 years. Also, incredibly for a Group race, no top-rated horse has managed to win this in last 22 years at least, despite 11 of them going off as favourite and 8 as 2nd favourite. So trends are against the top 2, but maybe this new venue and the fact it’s being run later in season will make a difference.

Millisle is top rated on 111 but has to shoulder a 5 lbs penalty for winning the Cheveley Park last season. She has the Group 1 form and although not progressing this season, todays quicker going may see her run better. Forever In Dreams, the only 4yo in race, is best in on ratings and went close in Group 2 at Curragh last time. So, despite the negative trends I can’t rule out these two, but still going to look for a bigger price as an each way option. UNFORGETABLE is pretty consistent, especially on good going her record is 3122, the two 2nd places were at Group 3 level so she is not out of place in this. 3rd behind stablemate Lady Penelope in a Listed race over 5 and half here, but that was on softer going and I feel she can turn that form around today. Drop back to 6 after running over 7 last time is one possible concern as there is a lot of stamina in her pedigree. Anyway, she does need to improve to beat the top two but I am hopeful that she can place at least as a lot of others have shown their best form on softer going. Lynn Britt Cabin was well behind the selection last time, but has had only 4 runs so wouldn’t be a surprise if she improved a bit to run well at a very big price.

Each way bet on Unforgetable @ 10/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    5th, but well beaten behind the impressive winner.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.