• AKD
    La Cavsa Nostra has potential as he showed when winning easily at Chepstow two runs ago, unseated when short priced favourite next time. He may potentially still be on a good mark, but as always I prefer to take on short priced favourites and going to try to see if this can get beaten. Lord Du Mesnil is a 22 race maiden and although he went close last time I think he needs to improve a bit, it’s very strong in betting though and Hobson’s runners have to be noted when he sends them on long journeys, but on form I can’t have it at this price as it looks poor value. Stoneford is 0 from 9 over fences and very hard to fancy. It leaves me with other two as possibles, Fortified is very consistent and has finished 1st, 2nd, 2nd since his return. Hr is making his chasing debut and also stepping up 3 furlongs in distance, he has a chance if he takes well to fences but I have gone with safer looking option of CAIRNSHILL (7/1), who is a proven stayer and has run well in two runs over fences. He has already been a good money spinner for the yard with 2 wins and 4 2nds from 9 runs this year. Finished 2nd on both chase runs, hard to know what to make of first of those as the two market leaders failed to give their running but last run looks pretty good as it was behind an improver Bafana Blue who has now won 5 of his last 7 races. I am not sure about the conditional jockey Alison Clarke as she has just 2 wins from 134 rides, but she is trainer Kenny Johnson’s partner and usually rides for him, good thing at least is that both those wins came fairly recently. Drifting in betting, but that doesn’t worry me (drifted to 14/1 from 7/1 on last win), is now even a big enough price to be backed each way with only 5 runners in race.

Small bet on Cairnshill @ 7/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Well beaten 3rd, ran and jumped ok enough but could never get close to the front two.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.