• AKD
    8:10 Bangor

Poor race with only 6 out of 16 runners having ever won a race, I have backed a couple of big priced ones from those that have won before. Both runners have dropped a lot in ratings over last few months, of course there is a reason for it - they have been running poorly but I hope they can return to form in this weak race. First one is DOLLAR AND A DREAM (33/1), who has dropped over 3 stones in the handicap since joining Michael Mullineaux from Tony Martin just over a year ago. He has been well beaten on most of the runs for his new stable including on 3 starts here at trainer’s local track, but is a lot lower in handicap now. Interesting to note that the trainer’s runner in this race last year placed 3rd, having been backed from 16/1 to 8/1 so worth a look in betting. Other runner is also ex-Irish, NEW KID IN TOWN (33/1) was rated 112 when trained by Willie Mullins less than a year ago, but a string of poor efforts for Peter Winks have seen him drop to 81 now. Has mostly been ridden by trainer’s son so far but interesting that Ryan Day is booked today who is 1 from 2 for the trainer.

Both longshots so I am not expecting to get anything back but I think in a race with lots of question marks, they are a couple of good outsiders.

Backed both each way to small stakes.

Good luck.
  • calvert
    Dollar and a dream rated 98 in the sun
  • calvert
    33-1 into 16-1
  • herbie
    I’ve backed Coroners Report e/w at 18/1. Interesting money for this one last night.
  • JOEMUGG
    dollar a dream 12s all over now
  • calvert
    Dollar and a dream profit
    well spotted AKD got 16s
  • herbie
    Good shout
  • AKD
    Thanks all.

Dollar And A Dream - 3rd
    New Kid In Town - pulled up

Profit made. Very similar to how trainers runner last year was backed before finishing 3rd in the race. I was lucky, was going to put the bet on last night and Dollar And A Dream was 16/1 at that time but this morning Betfair SB had pushed it to 33/1 in one move before the gamble started.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.