• Valuefinder
    I’ve got a chance to go down and do an early breakfast and stable tour with Charlie Mann; but being honest, don’t know much about him and his stable as I haven’t paid much attention to the NH in the past other than the big festivals.

It sounds like a cracking day, only 4 guests (inc me) so I’m quite keen to do it but just wanted to tap into those who know the Lambourn scene or Charlie himself and get their thoughts as there are a couple of alternatives (non-racing).

Thanks in advance.
  • Hippo
    Value, my advice is go go go go! You will have a cracking day...be warned though, youll end up buying a nag! Hes infectious! Loved by everyone at Lambourn, he is the heartneat. Get him talking about his Parddubicka exploits and his broken neck!!! Youll still be there in a weeks time. You will love it, he is what racings all about and remember, he was damn good jockey but cut short through serious injury. Dont take money with you tho, he WILL sell you a horse!!
  • moggy
    Definitely go for it. I did a red letter day present to Charlie's previous stable, I was the only one there!Had breakfast with Charlie, Noel Feily and Dave Crosse . Charlie was selling the yard and asked if I wanted to buy!! Up to Gallops with Charlie and his dog on my knee, watched schooling back down to stable, tour of all horses, 40 mins in office with Charlie after. A great day out and not to be missed would do it a again in a heartbeat so go for it! Its what Lamborn is all about!
  • Valuefinder
    Superb lads; I knew I’d get the info I needed here. Sounds like that’s definitely the one to go for. I’m definitely not owning another horse (for now at least), so I’ll leave the wallet at home! Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.