• Hippo
    Now you all know my thoughts on the AW tracks so i wont bore you with another rant about donkey, sand castle and kiss me quick hats!

Now then! It seems that when an Irish trainer runs one here if there is a market move or drift they interview the trainer before hand and ask for its tactics etc Charles Byrnes et al have quiete rightly moaned so interesting tonight at Weasley Wolverhampton!

520 Hummingbird RP fav at 9/2 drifted from 4/1 to 20/1

755 Delta Bravo 7/1 to 40/1 RP price 7/1....Stan Moore says: Delta Bravo fit from a run over hurdles. Has run well on the all-weather and is an each way price...hardly a negative?

These both must be appalling as class 6...how bad do you have to be to drift like that in that company? what do the bookies know? What do the stewards think they know (nothing!)?

I will be watching in interest and done an ew double in case the stewards do intervene and they actually try!

And sorry guys, i had to laugh as Nicholls swerved all the good novice races for his bumper star and ran it instead at Chepstow today at 30/100 and got absolutely stuffed!! Sorry chaps but a fat Oaf being stuffed is my idea of heaven...and oh yes, Skeltons £600,000 horse out for the season! i suspect that Phil Kirby may be giggling right now!
  • Valuefinder
    You’ve convinced me Hippo; on the e/w double and small singles. You’re right though, no rhyme and reason for half of what goes on with the prices at times.

Takes me back to a debutant we had on family funday at Chester years ago; was a late foal and needed the experience as was only with a tiny yard and it got backed in from 28s to 7s (opened on course at 10s) and we were just staggered at the move. It should’ve been 100/1+ and got beat 28l.

Great write up as always though Hippo, love your passion, enthusiasm, knowledge and rants! Cheers
  • peregrine
    Oh no your paranoia over Nicholls is still eating you away .yes mcfabulous didn't jump very well but I doubt next time out it will perform better.my idea is put blinkers on. I mean the horse hippo not nicholls:lol:
  • Hippo
    No paranoia as in fear, i really do HATE him! Theres a difference! A hippo in blinkers? now theres an idea. A Nicholls in a blindfold mounting the steps at Tower of London? now thats perfect....but rope would snap as hes so fat! So, no, no paranoia here, just pure dislike and distain for a classless oaf!...Nicholls that is, not Peregrine, of course!!
  • headlad
    That hummingbird was not ridden to place, let alone win.

Jockey didn’t even give it a tap inside the final two.
  • Laurence Bellman
    Seen a few paper favs in the racing post drift out alarmingly and win over the past few weeks. I never backed any of them unfortunately.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.