• peregrine
    If stewards do their job properly then this kid should receive a ban and if I was Jonny gosden I wouldn't let him sit on a rocking horse. It's been pulled and pulled nearly all the way round then loses by a very narrow margin when if ridden correctly could have won by many lengths no wonder punters are staying away. Backed it each way so no loss . Because we can see just what's going on makes matters worse .I'd love to hear the jocks explanation the a weather is a minefield for the fiddler's. :rage:
  • MrForce
    Think your a bit unfair there peregrine.
    Horse was a stride short when exiting the gates, this then caused a knock on effect as he got bumped when getting into his stride. He was pulling but because of the initial incident he was surrounded by horses and basically had nowhere to go.
  • Hippo
    Id didnt have a penny on it and it just looked a bit unlucky to me. But im back to my old point.....why would Shoemark throw away the chance to win a £50k race for a trainer whi is as straight as they come? at a basic 10% he would have got £5k and hes not exactly banging in winners, so id imagine needs the cash? Also Gosden would never use him if he even thought about pulling a horse. I always ask in these situations: To Who's advantage? i cant see anyone benefitting from it. No strange betting, no big gamble and it was in a £50k race...doesnt make sense?

Now if it was a lowly stable in a £2.5k at Blackpool, sorry Southwell....and they hadnt got their money down or they were after bigger fish, well you might entertain it, but £50k? im not having it. The words fiddle and cheat are used too often in racing and while im not stupid, anything involving money is open to corruption, i cannot see the point in valuable races , especially as the world will be looking far more than the 230 at Blackpool!

Unlucky? poorly Judged? Not the best ride? Maybe, but hardly a fiddle

I brought up a race the other day wgere i wasnt happy. Brian Hughes who cannot stop winning on Northern trained horses but poor record on Southern trained raiders (no idea why, but it seems to pan out that way) was booked by Seamus Mullins to ride Chesterfield in a valuable Novice chase at Carlisle. 600 mile round journey, he thought Hughes rides Carlisle so well hed book him. Result? Never once put in the race, suntered round at the back on the bridle, still miles down in 4th at the 2nd last when lo and behold the 2 leaders (and no doubt would have been 1st and 2nd) fell at the last. Hughes realising this suddenly starts trying and gets to within 1.5 lengths at the line having been 25ls plus down between the last 2! The horse that wonm was rated considerably lower than Chesterfield yet Chesterfield was was receiving. Fiddle? Cheat? No, just a god awful ride that cant be explained. He offered no explanation to Seamus and he will never use him again. He travelled the 300 miles back home fuming! Is Hughes a cheat? no, of course not, but a very puzzling ride. What made it worse was the RP commentary that it was never travelling etc etc But i see the positives out of negatives and I know that horse is top class and ill get my cash back in spades whereas the Gosden horse could run next week and still get beat as its an obvious puller.

Opinions of course differ, thats what makes the world go round!
  • peregrine
    Ok then I'll say that was a very puzzling ride in my eyes unlucky or not the horse without question should have won . These guys are professionals and they can make things look like they are unlucky.happens way too often imo .was k shoemark the one who was banned for drugs ? I can't remember for sure still good for others opinions onwards and upwards :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.