• Hippo
    Bit risky but here goes:

Friday Shadwell Stud Rocfel Stakes

Vividly...won well for us at Goodwood. Held in huge regard at Charlie Hills. Also in a 1 mile race on the Sat so risk attached but 16/1 looks good as fav is silly at 7/4. Ew bet

Cambridgeshire

Raising Sand....some go and tell Jamie this is a cert to place at 20/1. Of course needs luck of the draw (ran a brilliant race last year winning the wrong side!), doesnt mind firm or cut and Nicola is outstanding. Unlike others it will love the hurly birly of a big field. If this gets a decent draw it will near enough be fav so 20/1 is outstanding and yes of course it has other options but the owners like going for the big races and lets face it, it won it last year, albeit on the wrong side!!!
  • slogan
    Thanx Hippo +++++++
  • Hippo
    wow, got a refund for Vividly off Bet365 as it now runs in the easier 130 Sat at Haydock. No explanation given but gratefully accepted!
  • Valuefinder
    That’s a result Hippo. Nice one. Raising Sand still 20s. Been in great form this summer and will be a great performance if he goes in carrying top weight.
  • slogan
    Hippo...Funny...I didn't get a refund from Bet365 !!
  • Hippo
    slogan, im at a loss, i took it at ante post terms and was happy to take it on the chin although it had been backed. Always knew it had the easier option but hoped Hills would get his way with Grimthorpe...but clearly not. No idea why i got a refund, but not going to push them!!!! Maybe theyve looked at all my losses over the years and thought "poor lamb"!!! They did this before on a nr at Chelt that was definitely AP not nr no bet. Weird. But if it runs at Haydock id say its a good thing!
  • slogan
    Ok Thanks
  • Dexy
    Hippo you're clearly blessed :pray:
  • Hippo
    Ha ha Dexy, "clearly touched" is the phrase youre looking for!
  • twobusty
    be bottemless at haydock got to be a worry
  • twobusty
    Raising Sand.none runner
  • Hippo
    yep! Just read Jamie Osbornes reasoning....will be too soft with top weight and as 1m 1f is stretching its stamina anyway...waiting for a race at Ascot in Oct instead. Also Vividly pulled from Haydock which was expected as Haydock gets very boggy,

No refund on Raising either! Outraged!!! lol
  • slogan
    I lost on both as well and my e/w double...never mind.
  • Dadeo
    Do you know what time RS was taken out of the race as I placed my bet other this morning?
  • Hippo
    at decs stage...usually 0900? Not sure since they computerised it. Your bookie should have the info
  • Dadeo
    Thank You
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.