• Norfolk Eagle
    Hats off to you Hippo for perseverance, really pleased your in pocket now.
    Well done sir.
  • owenjohn
    BLOODY CHUFFED FOR YOU HIPPO!! SUPERB!!! You've said it all along! GET IN!! :love:
  • jimfl
    Very well done hippo cream always rises
  • MrForce
    Top Tipping. :clap:
  • Hippo
    Hi Guys, thank you for all the compliments. too be honest I was really doubting myself after it got beat lto. That Windsor race still makes the hair on the back of my neck rise so seeing it win the Gimcrack pushed out was really gratifying. Also 12/1 down to 5/1 was great too and a nice touch but it was more the fact that my judgement had not fallen apart that chuffed me.

I always like backing 2yos as oddly you can narrow down races far quicker and its easy to spot the deadwood and also the fact some trainers never have 2 year old winners! But the bookie is faced with 12 runners when we already know only 4 can possibly win. There are upsets but if you dig deeper, are they really upsets? Also the "fiddlers" of the racing world (the O'Mearas, Bests, Easterbys, Barrons, Prescott etc) rarely look for good 2yos as that doesnt meet that "plotting" strategy. A good example is "early 2yos"...look no further than Evans, Channon, Fahey, Hannon (not so much this season), Johnston and then take theirs less seriously as the season develops. In the Autumn look for the Stoutes, Bin Surrors, Charlie Appleby , Cox (although now seems to spread over the year more) bringing out 2yos that will be leading horses next year. Just make a note of this years 2yo winners at Royal Ascot and then see how they get on next year. With the exception of the Coventry , most are forgotten about as they have left their careers behind as 2yos.
  • finley
    Yep Hippo, you have a point there, certain stables never seem to produce 2 year old winners,where as the one's you mentioned are serious players,well done once again.
  • mmccull2
    WD Hippo Top Spot. Tried to reply on Friday but my Mobi wont let me log in and Ive been away. Had a nice bet myself on it. Cheers
  • Mugz
    :mask:
  • LDJ
    The glory days
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.