• Hippo
    End of season desperation has started amongst trainers but while many are putting out dross, there are a few gems lurking!

325 Sandown...cant have the Hannon horse as it was pure luck he was on the right side in the Guineas and although the Chesham looks red hot the Gosden horses is no more than a handicapper in disguise Leaves me with the dodgepot Wotton! Back to its French form it hoses up yet 6/1 was available. worth a small bet in a dodgepot of a race

505 Shufoog....22/1 is massive and Ellie MacKenzie is superb (another of Marks finds!) ew bet

245 Yarmouth Bighearted ew at 20/1 no chance at the weights but apart from the fav these are mainly has beens desprately searching for black type whereas Bigheartted is improving at a rate of knots and Bells are running well at the mo

ew doubles and trebles to small stakes
  • Tattcorner
    Good luck Hippo.
    Is that Big Hearted related to Hoof Hearted :grin:
  • Doubler
    Spot on with Big-hearted Hippo, did a small f/c. Cheers good luck with the other 2.
  • eeza
    Brilliant again, should have done the forecast.
  • malawi
    well done hippo
  • slogan
    Nice...………...
  • rufusf
    Great start m8 !
  • Hippo
    Forget the Chesham reference in the 325 race, it applied to another horse (stoutes) in the 1st that i was going to oppose but couldnt decide what with!
  • Hippo
    If you get a chance please read the "race read" on Shufoog yesterday (Sandown 505). It was 6/1 in the morning and fancied by Mark usher (he even gave it a great chance on the Lambourn link on this site). They couldnt see it being out of the 1st 3 and had good form for the lowly grade....wind the clock forward 2 hours and it was 25/1 and 33/1 in some places (I took 22/1)....now I know Mark is straight and his jock Ellie MacKenzie even straighter (plus they both are desperate for winners) but the race felt odd before hand and worse after i watched it. the RP noted......."Held up and soon in last, ridden 2f out, some progress over 1f out, kept on steadily final furlong and never nearer (op 18/1 tchd 12/1)".....so how did the bookies know that would happen? Would you lay a horse who was runner up last twice (hurdles and flat), was fancied and talked up by a trainer who needs the winners and ridden by a promising 7lb claimer who is dead in form? I used to make a few quid by noting "never nearer" horses but they were usually O Meara, Easterby, Akehurst and the band of cheats known to us! What did the bookies know about this horse? Bizzarely the winner drifted on course from 5/1 to 10/1 and also ran a strange race " Tracked leading pair, ridden and lost place 2f out and others went for home, driven and stayed on 1f out, burst between rivals to lead final 75yds 10/1 (op 6/1 tchd 11/2)" The hot Fav Seascape was backed from 9/2 in the morning to 2/1 and ran no sort of race last "Tracked leaders, shaken up over 2f out, lost place well over 1f out, soon weakened 2/1 (op 10/3 tchd 7/2). Note it was also heavily backed on course when there was no value left.

Strange one and ive noted all the horses as i think the whole race was suspect.....maybe the way it was raced ...fairly slow time for the ground and i know they are not the best of horses.

No doubt the BHA were in the bar by this time!
  • LDJ
    Strange indeed H
    Not to worry though as it’s newbury tomorrow and Saturday
    Look forward to your selections from your local track
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.