• Hippo
    Well a stupidly busy Monday night where it seems most of Lambourn has a runner! its if the sun has got to them all! Theyve been waiting for decent ground and if the rain stays away theyll get it in Wales and Windsor

im off to Windsor in a min....nice few beers, lunch and a punt down the river before i say goodbye to my bank!

500 windsor its How we roll...i am always interested when Spearing has a runner here - he has owners that are local - he has a great record woith winners and placers. The lad gave this an awful ride lto and should have won. Up in distance tonight and 13/2 looks an ew steal

535 Some of Clives yard have been under a cloud but he thinks he may have solved the issue...rapeseed! Often the blight for Barry Hills 9he was surrounded by Rapeseed fields) if it gets into the feed its a stopper. Undetectable and harmless but makes the horse breath erratically when under pressure so not noticed on the gallops. Royal Ambition had been disappointing but they are expecting a much better show tonight so ew at 6/1. we have to take ion the fav Swinley who i will be laying as its a dog (watch it win!)

605 Smoking Bear...watson must be rueing his new contract with Charlton as hes hardly had a runner never mind a winner! Again his horses havent been right but signs that things are improving. They like this so 4/1 seems a good price tho the fav is also fancied strongly

715 Jamie thinks his may win (won it last year) but Eve quietly fancies Tin Hat at 20/1 and Georgia is an excellent jock.

750 Well it looks like Stuart Williams may have rtargeted this and im with Equitation at 10/1 ew as well as perming all ohis runners for a small combi and tricast

Fos llas725 Jukebox Jive...now Jamies had a winner at last i can be more confident. They think this is a good thing at 2/1 and i agree

830 Cutting edge...willie Muir did us a big fav on Hubert and this is fancied strongly even though its 14/1 good ew bet

Go easy chaps...thats a lot of selections but its like buses...

Also, i have been asked why do i use trainers first names? Am i THAT luvvy Dovey with them? One names guy seems to think its hilarious and takes the pith (badly i have to say). Well, what am i supposed to call them? i know Clive Cox personally, have chatted with Eve Johnson Houghton countless times and we had horses with Jamie and Willie Muir many moons ago. So not fantasist , i just know them. The same as the local bookie, i dont call him Mr Jones so why would i call Clive Mr Cox. Not a noast, these are just ordoinary guys who train horses for a living. Yes i can call Nicky henderson by his first name as he calls me by mine. Doesnt mean we are best friens. So, hopefully that explains things and stops this moron trying to obtain cheap laughs because he finds him self inadequate or somehow jealous (of what i have no idea...calling someone Clive doesnt get you a winner!). Good, to bed with that one.
  • IXI
    Fantastic write-ups as usual Hippo you’re one of the 2 or 3 other people who I follow since the old thread (missing Duke, Stevie Wonder) I rarely put my tips in here now a-days coz of the clowns that took over the show. GL with them I’ll put a few quids on most of them. Thank’s again.

X
  • yesleb
    Excellent contribution as usual. Good luck.
  • LDJ
    Spot on H as usual good luck tonight I’m at goodwood Thursday so could do with a little pot to take with me
  • Bet2win
    yes great write up, the fact you/we know the trainer fancies it also helps us.
  • twobusty
    thanks and good luck
  • ToonFanBry
    Cheers hippo, GL
  • Mancymouth
    What a ride that was
  • owenjohn
    :clap: :clap: :clap: No words needed
  • Doubler
    Great start Hippo. Had a little more on after reading your post. :cool:
  • ToonFanBry
    Superb :up: :ok:
  • Rodeo
    gl tonight and great start m8,was a great ride there with being blocked in. :starstruck:
  • calvert
    Thankx Hippo
  • twobusty
    whoop whoop start
  • Dazzler
    Cheers again Hippo! It's just How we Roll Calamity!! Lol
  • LDJ
    Fc in the 605 cheers for the pointers H
  • Jack Trotter
    The cream always rises to the top Hippo :up:
  • IXI
    Amazing results as usual spot on with the fancied runners typhoon indeed fancied despite the drift thanks again Hippo. :clap:
  • LDJ
    Tin hat placed at 20s
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.