• Hippo
    I see Nicholls has pulled Cyrname from the 2 miler on Sat "because of the ground" but then says he still might run in the 2m 5f race (same ground?)...but will decide this on Friday! Now , given that most of the rain is expected Friday and Sat and the course has been watered for 4 weeks non stopped, it strikes me he has pulled rather early? they would be off equal weights when its rated 3lb higher and all known evidence (see below) says , if anything, Cyrname is better suited to the ground than Altior! also with altior running flat last two times, it would suggest everything points to almost a perfect storm for Cyrname? i have also noticed the silence from the handicapper on the subject? Surely he has a view? He wasnt slow to say Cyrname is the highest rated chaser in Britain?

now i put this on a post on Tuesday:

Interestingly Cyrname, out of its 5 wins in Britain its won 3 times on Good to soft and 2 times on good...hardly shouting that it suddenly needs soft ground!

Altior, out of its 19 wins in Britain (yes 19 v 5) has won 5 on good, 8 on good to soft and 6 on soft...suggesting it needs soft in the title as well. The difference is 1 trainer thinks old school ie if its good enough it will win on any ground bar the extremes. The other knows his horse is false rated top chaser and will find any excuse not to run. Funny how he never mentioned the ground until this week and dec stages?

Also for the record Cyrname has won 6 races from 16 and yielded £226k and Altior has won 19 races from 21 yielding £1,150,000 - yet the handicapper thinks Cyrname should give Altior 3 lbs!!!!!...surely a huge advantage when they are due to run off level weights?
  • JOEMUGG
    They should sack the handicapper who put these ratings together its a disgrace.
    yes if they meet anything can happen but its so unlikely that Cyrname can ever match Altiors achievements already in the books.
  • peregrine
    Deary me not this again:yawn: here's my theory 2 miles isn't crynames trip. And I think Paul nicholls dosent want to beat altior if it's not right. Then the excuses start.so he will wait.And the Henderson stable aren't firing as normal.saying that nicholls arent doing much better. The main thing is the horses welfare running them on good to firm is crazy . Yes Joe cyrname won't achieve what altior has over the years it's been amazing. But cyrnames the new kid on the block.and when it's firing it's a machine.:starstruck:
  • jimfl
    Bullshi
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.