• milhouse
    This is not my wallet talking as I backed neither. He is my favourite jockey ever, but has Ruby lost it? I have enjoyed him so much over the years. He is such a great horseman, arguably the best ever. I know he has had a history of last flight falls,and again today on two favourites he falls at the last. I am just a little worried he may have lost something with all the injuries. Is he holding back slightly to be on the safe side but it is then working to the detriment of him rather than the benefit as he is falling. Just wanted to put it out there and see what other people's thoughts are.
  • richardireland
    I'm with you on this. I think it happens too often and it;s possibly in his head now. I cant think of any other top jockey who has such a record of last flight falls on good horses.
  • Mugz
    I posted the same 6 days ago. I have no confidence in him at the moment.
  • Bodger
    He just doesn't present at the fences and hurdles in the same way he used to. Has got careless.
  • The racing voice
    Proves my point from a long time ago when I mentioned he fell off Annie power a few years back. He's a bent jockey as r most of them to be fair. All we can do as punters is try and work out who's not cheating on any given day.
  • Mugz
    Ridiculous comment. :roll:
  • Bet2win
    Don't know about bent but anyone who suggests he jumped off ANNIE should take up another sport.
  • Hippo
    just spotted this. The Racing Voice? The racing garbage id suggest. A jockey deliberately falling off a horse, are you mad? you try it at 35 miles per hour.

ruby is and will always be brilliant. One theory is that if hes on a fancied horse and its not running as well as expected, hes the opposite ie brave and throws it the last trying to pull it out of the fire?

It wouldnt surprised me that he may have lost some confidence. Near death experiences become even scarier as you get older and maybe he is suffering but what right does the TRV have to label him a cheat? of course you win thousands of races being a cheat. He is one of the finest horseman, most modest men and all round hero. Hang your head in shame
  • The racing voice
    Chaps you may not agree but it is my opinion. This is the man who said that he didn't care if punters lose money a while back on the atr channel. I don't back any of the horses he rides and remember where there is money their is also corruption.
  • gillamandango
    Ruby Walsh Falls or gets beat on odds on shots and is labeled a cheat, etc, Ryan Moore cannot buy a winner and regularly gets beat on odds on shots and not much said about it at all. I think you are cracked in the head if you think he falls off for any other reason than bad luck. This argument has been done to death.
  • Hippo
    Sorry TRV while you are entitled to an opinion (as was Hitler etc) you are obviously and have never played sport at any level, never mind senior level. Your theory is based around your pocket and losing. AP summed it up beautifully "the only sport where you are followed by an ambulance".

Your conspiracy theories have addled your brain. when he says he doesnt care whether a punter wijns or loses that should be celebrated for his integrity not demonised by someone who thinks jockeys throw themselves off horses at 35 miles an hour an hour losing £15k in earnings and throwing the chance away of being champion jockey for a presteige meeting like the Cheltenham Festival! Priceless!

Me and Mugz cross swords on many issues but fully endorse his comment : "Ridiculous comment".

If you hate the game so much and find it so corrupt go and watch Strictly and stop blaming brave men and women who put their lives on the line for our enjoyment.

Your attitude beggars belief
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.