• Craysnays
    1.50 Dramatised
    Best horse Burke has, came from his mouth!
    Good luck
  • Jack Trotter
    I was at Thirsk racecourse last Friday night and Karl Burke ran another of his 2yo Marshman who won easy against a hot fav but there was plenty of money for Marshman late on.

Went straight into my notebook as above average and is entered and planned to run in the Gimcrack at York tomorrow (Friday).

Currently around 11/4 and is up against Royal Scotsman.

My theory is that he will break quick and lead and get away from the field, has plenty of speed and can motor up the front.

If Dramatised is his best then he has a few talented 2yo's in my opinion.

JT
  • Craysnays
    Cheers for the info always been a Burke fan and the man clearly has many big horses coming up ✊
  • Craysnays
    Big mistake beaten by its own stable clearly not his very best my bad for bringing attention to it boys
  • Jack Trotter
    Unlucky Craysnays.

He is clearly a decent horse but his distance/trip to produce the goods in top company is five furlongs.

Did not stay that last furlong today, so the six furlongs today was a step too far.

JT
  • peregrine
    Yes come on it's only ever runover 5 furlongs and you had to be mad to back it way too short. The 1st and 2nd both won over 6 ! But if you had the fav a little saver on Burke's other .
  • peregrine
    In fact 1st 4 home all had run over 6 furlongs .dramatised will be better sticking to ,5 furlongs and did well to finish ,5th
  • Craysnays
    Haha come on ..sometimes you miss these things very obvious now you’ve picked up on it usually I would spot something like that blind-sighted’s the word.
    Next time friend
  • Jack Trotter
    Craysnays,

Karl Burke said in the tv interview after the race that he felt he would get 6 furlongs but Tudhope was not sure, so clearly obvious why he went for this and everyone and their auntie fancied him today including myself.

If we worked on peregrine's theory we would never back any horse that is stepped up in trip at shorts odds against the race distance winners. It wants the value which is fair enough.

Had Karl Burke entered him for the Nunthorpe tomorrow over 5 furlongs before today's race he would have been a nailed on 2nd fav.

JT
  • donb
    Ifs, buts and maybes. The nature of the game.
  • Jack Trotter

Exactly donb :up:

JT
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.