• BONZO
    Sorry about MY post for Flooring Porter getting lost in the middle of the big betting thread about Envoi but hope that enough punters may have taken notice ...............Any on Envoi Allen,.my first thoughts were OOH!! OOH!!......here we go "Annie Power" again??? However delighted that the lad cashed in but fair play to the betting company , BetFair I think it may have been, for giving him a great option which helped him make his decision. I am sure he was jumping with delight that Envoi Allen did not win. Bonus for me was backing Chantry House EW so started my day well and did very nicely with apart from Flooring Porter my personal nap of the meeting also had Mrs Milner as thought it was well handicapped.
    Anyway back to tomorrow I am going to suggest another good EW bet tomorrow which I have also already backed but suggest that you back this early as the odds are sure to be slashed after Flooring Porter. The horse is STREETS OF DOYEN trained by John McConnell whose stable is in quite good form also.
    His form has now been enhanced as he beat Flooring Porter last October before FP won his Grade 1 in Ireland in January and then convincingly winning the RyanAir Chase yesterday (Thursday).
    SoD loves a trip and furthermore thrives on good ground which he will get today in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle over 3miles. I know that there may be perhaps some quicker hurdlers in this race but maybe have not got the stamina, but if this one gets into a good rhythm and picks up the tempo I expect it to have the stamina to be finishing as strongly as SoP accomplished in the RyanAir. Good luck if you partake in betting this one EW.
    Regards,
    BONZO
  • BONZO
    Just to add two other tentative E/W selections in a fascinating McCoy Contractors County Grade 3 hurdle race.
    Firstly one that should possibly give a good account at 40/1 is BELFAST BANTER who is well handicapped in the 1.55 race today but think the 3miles today might catch it out being longer race than what it has raced in to date and some seasoned older horses to take on like Petit Mouchoir, Le Patriote and You Raised me Up, and Mengli Khan and Mullins trained , BUILDMEUPBUTTERCUP.
    This ex Mick Channon horse on the flat who could maybe be possibly the winner but at 20/1 is also good E/W bet has been at Cheltenham before and also has Danny Mullins in the plate (who was a late replacement on Flooring Porter and did a great job winning yesterday). Mullins had high expectations for BMUBC when he was a bit younger when he first raced at Cheltenham so maybe today will be his time for a bit of glory.

BELFAST BANTER, however is different story. It won a maiden hurdle over two mile at Galway last October but also finished eight lengths second in a grade 2 hurdle at Naas off 11st 6lbs to Echoes of Rain (trained by WMullins), at the end of February both races in soft going. May appreciate the better ground and only 10st on its back but the distance today is a big question mark which explains why its 40/1.. Back in sixth at Naas was Streets of Doyen, but that looks like a prep race for
    both Streets of Doyen and Belfast Banter.
    Difference is that Flooring Porter who being a year older had already won over three miles, before going on to win that race yesterday, but the RyanAir Chase is a different proposition to these two hurdle races today at 1.55 and 2.30 with the 1.55 being a grade 2 and 2.30 a grade 1.
    Also these two handicap hurdles races will be highly competitive with very large fields of runners and the horses need luck in running and getting into right position to be able to make the correct moves inside the final furlong.
    Anyway good luck to all today.
    BONZO
  • peregrine
    Top bombing bonzo :cheer:
  • AKD
    That is a brilliant selection Bonzo, very well done.

I fancied this at Naas at the weekend, but they pulled it out. Saw your post this morning, but foolishly I still didn’t back it. Hope you had a good bet on this.
  • scrivs
    Fantastic tipping mate.
  • Doubler
    Brilliant Bonzo.
  • calvert
    Well done Bonzo
  • spudnick
    Nice one Bonzo.
  • BONZO
    Think you have to now have decent bet now on Streets of Doyen as I think it will go very well also...
  • BONZO
    If Streets of Doyen wins will be great for me as and fingers crossed that it also wins!!!
  • BONZO
    Had both Belfast Banter and Streets of Doyen done ew// ew and ew double and went in and hardened Streets of Doyen again after Beffast Banter which I got at 40/1. Nice if SoD had won also but cannot complain. Cheers and thanks for the congratulations and wish a lot of you had also taken them. Buildmeupbuttercup disappointing run again but maybe another day for that one???
    Regards,
    BONZO
  • Mugz
    Fantastic BONZO, great post for a 40/1 winner. :clap:
  • twobusty
    missed it brillant well done
  • jambo
    Amazing Mate truly amazing ,
  • Big tasty
    amazing :clap:
  • swerver
    Well done, Bonzo
  • eeza
    Lovely, thank you
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.