• peregrine
    Has cyrname bottomed altior ? Looked not the same horse in its last few races last season.and Henderson's mob had it fit enough if good enough to beat cyrname but he keeps blaming the going same for both horses imo think the distance is more the question. Pity hippo can't give us any updates. But I did state that it would not win the gold cup and I stand by that .any views on this chaps.
  • Mugz
    Do you mean King George? Henderson said it is very unlikely runner, He said that Nico wasnt getting the same feel off the horse, which isnt great news after only 1 run this season.

If the horse is ok and does run again, then to me they are stuck between 2 and 3 miles. Vulnerable to younger quicker horses over 2m but not having enough stamina to beat the best over 3m.

I think they have to go back to 2m and train it for The Champion Chase.
  • peregrine
    No mugz I think they and lots of other people thought it would head for the gold cup after the king George . I agree on it to revert back to 2 miles. I remember mentioning about kauto star and just how good that horse was.winning over different trips. It takes some doing. And that altior appeared to be labouring last year .it's had a lot of hard races and it's starting to look like it's taking its toll. Age catches up on us all.:chin:
  • Mugz
    I think the GC would only be on the agenda if he won the KG, and that now is highly unlikely. Kauto was a freak, probably the best chaser Im ever likely to see. Saw him win the KG with the 2nd almost a fence behind.
  • micky
    Yes Kauto was a Star, what a match up that would have been against Arkle, and Desert Orchid too when on his day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.