• Hippo
    Well, felt like a good kicking at the weekend! Awful day Sat and God knows what went on at Paris! Crowley needs a good kicking! Hills mob were furious with his ride...clueless as ever then pulls him up! Priceless! Been backing Fabres all season and as soon as its 16/1 i dont! What a price! At best he was a 6/1 second fav to Enable. John Gosden was absolute class as usual after the race as a ridiculous Oli Bell asked stupid questions to a man that just saw his superstar beat. Oli, fgs listen to his answers and stop saying "describe how you feel...." to every Tom, Dick or Harry! He was trying to say the ground was no good byr no excuses and YOU didnt listen. John G a class man, Enable a class animal. Oh BHA where was serial loser Crystal Ocean? That highly rated horse you rated above Enable? Frankie went a bit early but the sectional times showed Fabres was exceptional over the last 3 furlongs and actually won cosily. Enable, still an absolute superstar, JG a class act and Frankie a great jockey. Maybe the idiots at the BHA may wake up some day.

Relieved Windsors on but it may get heavy.

240 Huge word for Bottom Bay of Bells. His horses are red hot and looks a good thing at 5/2

310 Talk of good things! If Plait doesnt hack up the BHA are confirmed as clowns! rated 82 against nb off 67 (a 3 year old to boot!) its only giving 3lbs instead of 15lb and thats without an age for weight allowance for the 3 yo. Its surprisingly 5/4 which puzzles me. Im not playing that short in a rubbish claimer but the jock should have an armchair ride (unless theres a late jock change and Calamity Crowley rides!....he got to be sacked by Maktoum soon!)340 Fascinated by Chesterfields entry, this is a class horse over jumps. I took 66/1 with a small ew bet just in case it pops up (im presuming this is a lungbuster for the jumps). Channons mob are trying with Fanny By Gaslight at 9/1. small ew

410 Secret Return won nicely for up and coming Paul George from Devon and looks an ew steal at 6/1

440 Johny Portman likes Mrs Worthington. Has the odds on fav to beat so 6/1 ew is fair

510 Mama Africa 25/1....not a selection (although i will have a small ew) but urge you to watch young Imogen Matthias. A very promising rider with great style and good in a finnish. She may place at a huge price

This is very much an end of season race in heavy grpund so go easy
  • stainless
    Great write-up Hippo, good luck.
  • Hippo
    Well, so it continues but the claimer was hilarious. Fav drifts from odds on to 2/1 and gets beat by horses wrated 63, 65 and not rated (100/1...read willie muirs comments on Lambourn page...even he thought it was useless!). It gets beat nearly 8 lengths! wow thats dreadful considering how well it was. Bells 2yo gets beat (easliy) by a springer from Tom wards stable (ex hannon)25/1 to 8/1.....luckily i never played with Plait as it just shows you supposed good things get baet...but PLEASE read Willie Muirs comments about the 100/1 shot ! Ho hum!
  • Rodeo
    100/1

TOPS NO

William Muir

She is what she is, unfortunately. I can’t find very many bad races for her. There are a couple in this race that are far too good for her. Hopefully when we go handicapping we can find a poor 0-50 and see if we can win a little race.
  • Rodeo
    3:10
    RESULT 61 Deep Claiming Stakes (Class 6)
    1st 5. Dawn Treader 5/1
    2nd 8. Elegant Love 7/2
    3rd 12. Tops No 100/1
  • Hippo
    Cheers Rodeo, beggars belief doesnt it? Willie is a good judge aso that really must be an awful race

chesterfield ran a cracker in 5th, Mrs Worthington got heavily backed and nabbed by an outsider (but had ew so ok) and Imogen gave Mama Africa a good ride in 5th

Poor day but none too mmuch expected
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.