• Hippo
    Im about 10 miles from Ascot and we had heavy rain again last night so that ground will be testing. Hes running Raising Sands tomorrow but top weight again on really soft possibly heavy by tomorrow? Bet he wished he raced a couple of weeks ago! its5/1 and i can t have that at that price

Today is end of season trappy so go careful. Tom Marquand reckons he may have a good day, i hope so as i really fancy one of his!

235 Just Hubert...owes me nothing as its been winning all season for me. Marquand thinks this can win so does Willie. Reckons soft ground is perfect rather than what hes been winning on. Ive had a good win bet at 5/1

310 Cliffs of Capri

345 Battle of Marathon i have no idea how i got 25/1 on this ew. Good little jockey, bang in form and this is Ryans main owner who will be there with a big party. Will be on the bridle 2f out...then who knows! small ew bet

455 Tinto...another mystery! Drifting like the proverbial! its 16/1 now and should be an 8/1 shot in my book. I have to play small ew at 126/1

Ok the Arc! i pray Enable wins. She is a superstar and we wont see her likes for years. All that nonsense from the clueless BHA that Crystal Ocean was better than her has tarnished her and of course cemented the BHA as the biggest laughing stock in the world. To me shes been running at 85% this season so goodness knows what may happen if they find that extra 15%. Small field will help her and she has that speed and agility to do what she likes no matter how naughty the tactics are of others!
    The price is unbackable but not stupid! i see 1/3 shots at Musselburgh that should be 7/4 yet I see Enable as a 1/3 shot and you could have snuck evs a week ago! Even 4/5 is still good value if you are of that ilk. Im not! Only ever backed odds on once and that was the mighty (and best horse ive ever seen or ever likely to see) Dancing Brave. I had no worries. Just watch his Arc win if you want to see the best horse of all time. Not in the first 10 with a furlong to go against the best Arc field ever and won in record time! was rated 141 but years later was revised to 138 to allow frankel to be rated 140 and highest! see a pattern emerging? The BHA are idiots! Dancy Brave won at every distance from 6f to 1.5 miles, beat multiple gp1 horses with ease compared to frankel who only raced at a mile, except a couple of dodgy runs at 1m 2f , and most importantly against virtually the same horses every time that had won nothing! it still rankels me how inept first the Jockey Club were and now the BHA. dont get me started on Cyrname being better than Altior!!!!

Anyhoo, i digress, as much as i want Enable to win hard held i have had a little ante post on French King at 66/1 and its been declared so feel as ive won something already. I have a feeling there may be money on the day as people scramble round for an ew interest and its been very impressive so far and has Peslier up who rides the Arc beautifully

Oh yes, the clueless BHA have done it again! suspended Tom Morgan for 18 months for an offence (non offence, he wasnt working) over 16 years ago! You cant make it up
  • Hippo
    whoops! Left Cliffs of Capri out...very amusing video by Jamie again suggesting something very profound between owner Michael Buckly and Jamie Spencer...the look on Nicola Curries face is brilliant! Cracking stuff, there should be more humour, but youll sense the warmth towards Nicola and how high regard she is held in. A very happy yard indeed
  • LDJ
    Cheers H and good luck I’ll be on a couple of those
  • LDJ
    Speaking if mr osbournes videos yesterday’s was brilliant I get the feeling young donn used to do a bit with Jamie’s daughter?
    She’s working over there wonder who ended it ?
  • Tattcorner
    Donnacha's 3 he mentioned for Dundalk in that video -
    5.10 Phase after Phase
    6.45 Fort Myers
    8.45 Quote
  • LDJ
    Cheers tatts
  • Mugz
    With you on BATTLE OF MARATHON. Still 18/1.
  • FLA
    Tinto 16/1 :smile: brilliant
  • owenjohn
    Unreal Hippo!!
  • malawi
    superb tipping again hippo my only winner today thank you very much
  • AKD
    Great tipping, Hippo.
  • moggy
    Well done Hippo-saved my day! :smile:
  • Tattcorner
    Same as the rest, you saved the day, Cheers :grin:
  • slogan
    Nice 20/1 shot Hippo.
  • Rodeo
    well done m8 .. :starstruck:
  • Doubler
    Well done H
  • peregrine
    Totally agree with dancing brave I watched it twice the other day as sporting Life had 30 on but nothing will ever compare simple as that.the horse was a machine :starstruck:
  • Dazzler
    Well done again Hippo
  • Mugz
    Well done Hippo. What a finish to the day. !

:clap:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.