• Hippo
    Wasnt going to even look at todays moderate stuff as i now usually forget the flat (especially after the Irish dominance on Saturday....and both my mum and dad are Irish!!!) and concentrate on the jumps except any group races or nice 2yo races. But i got a call this morning of an old mate "have you seen the entries for Bath? that old rogue Gallagher has managed to Bahamian Sunrise into a class 6 hcap!!!!!"...my eyebrows shot up! This horse won me a fortune two to three seasons ago and is always in my notebook especially at Sandown drawn against the rail. Its not fired yet this season but ran really well last time and i must admit i thought id play again but didnt see its entry today. Its up against a motley crew including Petroside who wins every 100 runs!!!! Like last time for instance! Now if thats 7/4 you know this must be a terrible race! Old Bahamian is running off 58 today, i won on him rated low 80s, in fact it ran off 80 only last August! Thats 21lbs drop, now for a sprinter thats a hell of a lot! This a class 3 horse bordering on class 2 last year and its in a class 6 and its not even top weight. Given that it handles soft and ran well lto id be go max BUT theres 15 runners which is the worst figure you can have in a hcap and its drawn 11 of 15 which is a nightmare at Bath...that spur means you need to be up against and Bahamian iis full of pace but will do really well to cross 10 horses in a 5f sprint. Crouch is riding out of his skin and will soon be Coxs stable jockey as Adam is under precious from some owners who dont want him.

Oh this is annoying , if id had a good sat id wade in but this is a class 6 on rubbish ground at an impossible track Im going to take 11/1 each way extra first 4 with Bet365 and close my eyes to see if he can get across. If he cant its game over! Damn i so want to wade in but caution is best especially as the trainer is as dodgy as they come!

Bath 230 I know the owners of Surrey Pride and they will be gutted if it doesnt win but Balding likes his and Hannon has thrown in a couple. Not a race to go mad with but im having a small win at 5/2 to cover my NBahamian wildcard bet, hopefully!

The rest of the week looks dreadful until Salisbury on Thursday and Ascot Friday and Sat and of course Arc day
  • Hippo
    I really am losing the plot! Molinari is also running in the 230! Ive backed it at 16/1 and may regret my bet Surrey Pride as i know Willie holds it in high regard. Apparently 25/1 was available earlier! Doh! I need to lay down!
  • stainless
    An Irish Hippo, you need to hit the water and cool off, never mind laying down !!!!! LOL. Apologies for my sense of humour. Good Luck with your selections.
  • Doubler
    Good luck Hippo, not so sure the draw is as bad as you think for Bahamian Sunrise. Plenty come fast and late from wider out..
  • Hippo
    Stainless , after Black Saturday (Rugby and Racing!) i definitely needed a good soaking! You know when your luck is out....i sussed the Irish 2yo form (and subsequently French!) was better than the English, but got the selection of which one completely wrong but then had a good bet on Siskin who did a great impression of an Olympic diver in the stalls (thank goodness, all seems ok and lives to fight another day). Ill be seeing Irish Hippos soon!!
  • Mancymouth
    Surrey Pride :pray:
  • slogan
    Nice...……..Thanx 4 sharing +++
  • Doubler
    Nice winner Hippo and a great sp. :up: :up:
  • FLA
    Class :smile:
  • snowy
    Thanks for passing on :up:
  • Tattcorner
    Thanks Hippo, that's covered all my bets today with a bit of profit as well :up:
  • Hippo
    phew, scrambled home. if id got beaten by of Hughes id have to pack up!
  • calvert
    Thankx H
  • Dazzler
    Nice one Hippo, cheers
  • slogan
    Bahamian....Well supported but well beaten
  • Hippo
    yeah i think they need to retire it, wont win even off this mark
  • malawi
    and again hippo brilliant thanks for sharing
  • moggy
    Nice Hippo-thank u
  • stainless
    Keep paddling in the winners. :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.