• Stevie Wonder
    Ten-times Cheltenham Festival-winning trainer Ferdy Murphy has died at the age of 70 following a long battle with cancer.

Murphy was responsible for many talented, as well as popular, jumpers from the moment he took out a licence in 1990 and especially when based at Wynbury Stables in West Witton in North Yorkshire from 1996 to 2013
  • calvert
    RIP Ferdy
  • Jack Trotter
    Very sad news.

RIP Ferdy
  • Maxh
    My memory is that fergie also ran the stables for the Irish building magnate and sporting owner Bill Durkin
    If I'm correct I think we need to add his huge contribution to the success of the extraordinary Mare Anaglogs Daughtetr
  • AKD
    RIP Ferdy, was responsible for my best Cheltenham win You’re special.
  • Hippo
    Difficult one for me. While i never want anyone to suffer (and cancer is a cruel disease) i cant wax lyrical about a man who had a darker side (filmed on camera many times admitting he cheated and pulled horses and offering to pull ones for his potential new "owners"). Now while some say he was set up for that, he was clearly complicit and therefore charged by a bungling jockey club. Two owners he had pulled their horses from him and when examined by a vet he confirmed their "blood had been messed about" and their hearts wouldnt last another season unless operated on.

So RIP Mr Murphy, but no plaudits from me im afraid. Just my view though guys and respect anyone that admired him for the right reason.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.