• Hippo
    Plenty going on but all very low key. Im off to windsor later, I so love that course and will miss it through the winter. I wish theyd bring the jumps back there...some of my happiest memories!

I have six horses today, nothing special so will be having doubles and accas etc for a bit of fun. Saturdays win should keep in beer for a while!

Wind 425 Shake Me Handy...from red hot Teal camp, 25/1 seems vastly overpriced, all based on its lst run, but dig a bit deeper. This is a poor race with tyhe fav odds on due to a win in a class 6 on the AW...are people mad? It may win, but odds on?

Wind 455 Cotai Again...they must win with this at some point as they desperately want the owners to have more horses with them. These Hong Kong boys will drop you very quickly if no return! 5/1

Wind 600 This could be set up for a finisher as 4 or 5 front runners OR they could stay there! It will be lightening fast ground so Just Glamourous must have a chance of lasting from stall 9 14/1 is too big compared to short price moderate horses or horses that havent won for years

Chep 215 Allez Sophia....last chance saloon for her! Eve fancies the horse but fears some of hers may be over the top as she was having winners in March 9/4

245 Kwela....Eve again and another last chance saloon! 4/1

445 Bug Boy win at 9/2....this race has a bearing on two races later at Windsor, so take note!

As i say, small stakes multiples but a chance of a decnt payout
  • Valuefinder
    Good luck Hippo. I’m up against you on a couple which doesn’t bode well for me but I’m on Twenty Years On in the 4:45 and Line of Reason in the 6:00.

Think TYO will benefit from the return to this trip, has a decent apprentice booked and should go well at 8/1.

Expect LOR to go well dropped into a class 4 and looks a fair price at 5s. Needs to find a bit of his old form but his mark has dropped and doesn’t need to be back to his best by any stretch. I think Harry Bentley is a decent booking too (16% strike rate at Windsor although not so great this year).

Good luck all.
  • Hippo
    Dont blame you, especially after Eves run in the 1st..awful! Im not confident about any to be honest, just a speculative punt while i have a few beers on the river before Windsor! Honestly the nicest place to be on a sunny day
  • Hippo
    Also i see after this poor showing Kweela has drifted from 7/4 (huge support overnight) out to 5/1. Not over worried as it was 4/1 when i took the price last night but i think Eve may be right and her horses are over the top? too late as multiples down but id add them to the list to avoid unless theres a huge turnaround
  • Valuefinder
    Nice pick on Bug Boy. Mine placed so hoping Line can do the business on the each way double.
  • Hippo
    Hoped you worked out the puzzle with BBs form with verify and culture! Had a good win double on both after Bug Boys win., couldnt post as with company but hopefully you worked it out
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.