• jalopity
    What are people’s opinions of this dubious character and his involvement in racing?

Noticed he’s headline news again in the papers today as he’s in court with his ex-wife, who’s accusing him of threatening her life, keeping their daughter captive and having her tortured for trying to leave Dubai

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1146758/dubai-princess-haya-sheikh-mohammed-princess-latifa-detained-in-dubai-human-rights/amp

Human rights groups not happy with him. It’s all a bit similar to Man City’s owners, people turn a blind eye as long as the money keeps getting pumped in and they win stuff.

Does the BHA have a ‘fit and proper’ ownership test?
  • Cooler1
    Are the bha a fit and proper organisation ?
  • Stevie Wonder
    When his dodgy trainer was found out doping his horses, he sent in his own 'lackey' Lord Stevens to investigate and exonerate the Sheik.Guess the trainer is doing some hard labour in Dubai for getting found out.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevens interviewed several figures within Sheikh Mohammed's equine operations, including the disgraced former trainer Mahmood al-Zarooni who was banned by eight years by the British Horseracing Association in April 2013 for injecting thoroughbreds at the Godolphin stable with performance-enhancing anabolic steroids.

As revealed by the Guardian in September, the thoroughbred scandal was followed by later incidents within Sheikh Mohammed's endurance set-up, with veterinary goods described as "potentially toxic and dangerous to horses" seized from a Dubai Royal Air Wing flight at Stansted airport by the UK Border Agency and the Veterinary Medicines Directorate in May. Further unlicensed products were seized at Moorley Farm, owned by the Sheikh's Darley Stud operation
  • jalopity
    had completely forgotten about that

He’s got friends in high places I guess :mask:
  • Jeepster
    He may be a perfectly pleasant chap ..but he looks the type you wouldn't want to meet in any dark alleys . Sinister creature.
  • peregrine
    Well we have jockeys who have been banned for snorting drugs also the drinkers . They all are allowed to carry on riding what does that give the young ones who look up to them what's right and what's wrong.:roll:
  • jalopity
    drinking and doing drugs that don’t affect your performance on a horse, or drugging a horse to win and treating women like animals?

I know which one I think is worse
  • peregrine
    how do you work out drinking and taking drugs dosent affect you ? or am i not getting your reply.im having a blond moment.
  • jalopity
    Being pissed will not improve a jockeys performance
    Ditto doing a line or two of coke a few days before a race.
    Alcohol would not improve a jockeys performance full stop.
    I cant see how cocaine would improve it even if taken in the stalls before? Might make him a bit chatty at the off and paranoid as they hit the finish :lol:

Versus...

Drugging a horse would make a big difference

As for treating women like shlt, imprisoning them etc, well that's obv.
  • Hippo
    The voice of reason! It gets better! Moral high ground from an absolute buffoon!
  • Dazzler
    Lol Hippo, he is truly deluded!
  • finley
    Wouldn`t trust any of them from that part of the world, there all wronguns
  • peregrine
    different cultures . and very different laws. plenty of people have found that out. as for human rights we dont have any !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.