• Hippo
    A really busy day for me. im at Newmarket now and after racing will fly to Newbury with Insidethestables. Sunderland Sam, The Clinic and Wby to Newbury! err thats a joke everybody!

Quick look at Doncaster at two rags abd one that looks an ok bet

140 St Andrews...i have been a massive fan of the trainer, she is a brilliant horsewoman and brilliant person all round. Her returns versus entries are amazing and i always have a small tilt at stupid prices and im over 50 points ahead on her selections over the years. old Brace Sparticus doing the job at 16/1 9 i had 25/1!) just the other day over jumps.So no logic but 33/1 seems generous and Emma Todd is top class on board and worth 10lb in this kind of race

210 redzone of Bryan Smart. i wont bore you but i always look at Brians 2yos and this is well entered up too yet freely avilable at 33/1

Small ew both and tiny ew double just in case hell freezes over

245 Grisons...Clive quite likes this so 7/1 seems a good ew punt. It has the form but lots of unknown quantities and the Haggis Pie fav of course who i never beat!

Nmkt 1.50 Barbados....Ive had a max bet ew at 11/2 based on my 25/1 winner at Ascot South Pacific ( i was on self imposed silence after Insides and Wby shannigans but did post this to a few good old friends on herejust in case you think aftertiming is my forte..also had Biometric at 33/1 the race before, mind you i needed them after a couple of poor days summed up by accidental Agent!). Simply put imao this should win so the mad drift now makes it a great ew bet. Prefer Seamus on board as this isnt a horse who likes bullying and controversually i think Ryan (a fine jock with great record) is a bully sometimes whereas Seamus has soft hands.

225 Ok i get it, Visinari is all the rage and Frankie is up. Yes , visually very impressive fto but crucially do any of Johnstones 2yos ever improve? ask Godolfin as they usually buy them at the end of the season and they never win at 3!! remember , he has them so sharp at the track fto they have not got much improvement left, thus the great strike rate fto. yes they may be that good they win another 2 or 3 but generally shot by the end of season. Just look at Blown by Wind (runs later!) et al;. So im hoping thats as good as it is and im doing 2 against it. Classy moon looked brilliant at lowly Carlisle and the form behind is solid so when you think this was in a different county, it must be backed. ive taken 10/1 ew and i see Burke has talked it up overnight and although hes a dubious guy, he can train trace horses. Im also amazed that platinum Star is 10/1. i normally put a line through the Windsor castle but i know it was hot this year and as good as the Coventry which was the worst in years. 10/1 ew is tempting and of course rfc in case the fav blows out

300 Moss Gill

Nicola thinks she cannot be out of 1st 6 so grabbed the 9/1 first thing first 5. This will get backed because if it gets the 6 f it will go close but suspicion 5f is its limit. Nicola thinks it will get 6f therefore a good bet

335 masar? well to me this 5/4 is scandolous. Won the worst Derby ever, then injured. comes back in a really weak gp1 and gets murdered when Appleby was expecting a good run? Same talk but frankly i think its a poor horse with dubious form (probably bolt up now!). Mirage Dancers form is still progressive so took 3/1 as more likely to run its race but have a sneaking feel this is a duff race for duffers!So have also backed small stakes win on Dashing Willoughby at 16/1 and Desert Encounter at 40/1 I think Mirage Dancer will win but thats little better than a handicapper so will strike the race off afterwards and move on

Newbury tonight

610 Good word for both of Pauls Coles newcomers one is 7/1 and the other 33/1 so small ews but nmake a note of this race as not top class but lots of future winners in the line upp
  • Stevie Wonder
    LOL. Good luck Hippo
  • Valuefinder
    Great write up Hippo. Have done Barbados ew at 5s and small doubles, trebles and acca on the 3 at Donny and Moss Gill.

Cheers and good luck.
  • gillamandango
    More after timing in one post than I have in all my life..
  • twobusty
    thanks and good luck
  • LDJ
    No after timing gillamot I have the emails to prove now of you go to Facebook and troll
  • cosmo2018
    So unlucky there with Moss Gill Hippo she knew it would get distance
  • yesleb
    Moss Gill so close. Well done Hippo.
  • Hippo
    well not a bad day given the results but Ryan moore will be the death of me! god awful rides on Barbados (why did he chase the bolting outsider so hard? as i said that horse needs soft hands and he beat it to death. That horse wont win again thanks to moores brutality) and even worse on mirage dancer letting the rag win when he found every piece of danger he could, none of which existed! and of course his only good ride to pip my Platinum Star

good start with ew success at ew 2nd on St andrews at 33/1

Other 2 at Donc ran poorly

ew disaster on Barbados thanks to a shocking ride by moore#

was bang on about the odds on fav and laid it and almost had it away with Platinum Star ew with other ew down

robbed with Moss Gill to a rag on the wrong side but ew landed and a great ride by Nicola

i had a massive lay on masar as i got more negative about him as the day went on. i said its a dog and ran like one. im pleased with myself but what the hell was Moore dreaming about? the stewards should throw the book...but they wint, its Ryan Moore. i heard some boos at Newmarket today...ive never heard that before but it was shocking 6 runners on the wides course in the country and he gets boxed? an apprentice would be hammered by his boss.

Overall im happy to get out alive today as bizarre results and rides everywhere. With some luck i could have had a fortune today but thats racing and on to tomorrow. im just off to get Moores autogragh!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.