• Hippo
    Very busy day for me with a large outlay. Been doing well so far withthe flat and our trainers are holding their own with the Newmarket crowd!

Salisbury

140 Firstly, well done to Salisbury for paying tribure to Nerys Dutfield RIP. She trained at Axminster and was a complete nutjob...in a lovely way! She openly admitted she had an "interesting" private life and named her horses "lady dominatrix" and the like. We had 3 horses with her and they were loved and looked after brilliantly by her. They ran on the flat and jumps and i remember one day one got injured and Nerys was in tears down the phone and reduced me to tears also. When i asked when the fateful day was going to be (fearing the worst) she just changed and said "its only a cut, he'll be running in two weeks time!" . She and her husband are sorely missed by everyone in Southern racing.

Not sure she would have approved of a Bin suroor horse in the opening 2yo race but Meehan thinks Aroha cant be out of the first 3. Ran loose last time and still ran a cracker. ew at 8/1

210 Eve runs Bella Vita and its fancied win bet 7/2

York 150 i normally wouldnt even bother looing at these Northern stable benefit races but remember seeing Orvar at Newbury a few weeks ago and how well it looked. was given a quiet race (as so many of Midgelys sleepers are!) and spotted him today at 40/1!!! Then i see Fanning ride which looked unusual and then saw he was the last person to win on him. Got to be worth a small ew 5 places at 40/1. Stays in notebook whatever

225 Has the world finally gone mad? has Trump finally imploded? How the hell is this market formed? the fav Lah Ti da at 1/2...fair enough. How the hell is Stoutes horse 6/1 running off 97 against Nyaleti at 8/1 running off 109 at EQUAL WEIGHTS!!!! I commented on the stupid prices about Stoutes and Varians horses and this is another example. For every time i hear "a typical Stoute late developer" that won ill point out 20 that havent! The press are obsessed. Now i think most handicappers are idiots but Nyaletti has solid form in the book and Stoutes hasnt. im backing Nyaletti ew rather than the forecast as La Ti da didnt look right to me at either Doncaster or Ascot last yaer. it will probably scoot up but its only 5lb better with Nyaleti which can be negated by a seasonal debut, especially with mares

The Dante...the world has gone mad again! Either japan is running on 3 legs and Too darn Hot on 2 or else the world has gone loopy! How can Morrisons be 2nd fav (i did point out yesterday the owners will punt it ) and varians AW winner be 3rd fav with Japan only next (fav all winter long for the Derby).

I think Too darn Hot will murder these if it stays (i took the 6/4 yesterday in disbelief) and ive also done Japan ew at 8/1 which defies logic. look I know York throws wobblers up all the time but surely not this time.

335 Another Northern bet. quick , ring for a Doctor!!! i liked the way Camachos Hayedh won the big Thirsk race and thought Hambleton at York and guess what? Didnt expect 22/1 though so have had a good ew bet 5 places

405 Shades of Blue max bet ew 8/1. If Clives were in better form id be saying win. beat at 1/2 fto but the fanshaw winner now looks top class and is highly thought off. Clive marked this down as a potential champ sprinter this season so must run well in this. its drawn 9 of 9 which could be poor

435 When Comes here was going to be a max bet but the word from Godolfin is theirs is a machine and expected to hack up thus 4/1 for the Balding horse. just a win bet now

505 mancini...james Doyle is perfect and its quietly fancied at 12/1 against some dodgepots. High enough in the weights but fast ground could negate that

Big betting day for me and frankly i feel uncomfortable. Your is its usual enigma and the course changes so much from this meeting to the the big meeting in the summer. frankly they could cut the grass a bit more!
  • owenjohn
    Great stuff as always Hippo. Good Luck today, hopefully you'll be quids in tonight
  • FLA
    Hippo are you just doing singles on them?
  • Bet2win
    16.35 When Comes Here We were delighted with When Comes Here's Salisbury debut when he ran on well at the finish. The experience will be a huge benefit, but there are some colts with exceptional pedigrees from top stables against him and it won't be an easy race to win.
    A.Balding
  • Bet2win
    15.00 Telecaster I find it unbelievable that Telecaster can be a 6-1 shot in a race with Too Darn Hot in it! He is a very good horse but a big baby and he'll probably find it's all too much. It's how he can cope with it, but we're going there with a a mixture of optimism and trepidation, but above all knowing he is very good.
    H.Morission
  • Hippo
    Hi FLA...yes all singles but then i mix and match with small multiples etc and of course the famous £1ew acca which i will post about from jamaica if it wins! Its unusual that so many noted horses are all running.

Its not like me but I feel confident about 3 or 4 and others are speculative. Hopefully that comes across in the commentary. just had another bet on Nyaletti as it went to 10/1 and Stoutes 11/2!!! Either Im so wide of the mark or the nations on drugs!
  • FLA
    Thanks hippo. Best of luck
  • Rodeo
    n1 with Belle it ran on really well. wd . gl with the rest.
  • FLA
    Belle win and Aroha placed so far
  • Hippo
    Ha ha what do i know about racing. Stoutes almost wins....but then again the key word is almost, it didnt. So its raced a stone above its rating so the handicapper is the idiot !!! I told you Stoutes a great trainer of "late developers!" :razz:
  • FLA
    Telecaster :clap: :clap: :smile:
  • Hippo
    Well the owners of Telecaster are going mad! One of them told me it would win yesterday and i knew they backed it heavily (see yesterdays post). I dont think it can possibly win a Derby but it won it well enough. However Too Darn Hot was handled with kid gloves but not as much as the disgraceful ride of Moore on japan...that was schooling in public. Never at any point was it put into the race. A maiden winner and an all weather 3rd? Porot would have a field day. Rip the form up, that CANT be Derby winning form. o Briens must have all shortened?

Also apologies to rebecca Bastiman refering her to Julie Camacho! Hayadh has run a stormy and may have been unlucky. But good return on the ew bet and have an ew treble on multiples, so all ok so far!
  • Hippo
    Oh thats annoying! beaten the shortest of noses with two horses withdrawn. moore wasnt schooling there was he! one more stride and Shades would have won, so ew decision was good to spread the max stake
  • twobusty
    not a bad day
  • herbie
    Awesome stuff!
  • AKD
    Good read as always, and some nice placers. Well done.
  • moggy
    Thank u Hippo-followed you and made some money incldg Telecaster!! :smile:
  • Mancymouth
    Anything today Hippo ?
  • Hippo
    just posted Mancy
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.