• peregrine
    right let me put me mockers on this. the STANDOUT HORSE IS SCITTER SCATTER. so its e,way on that. BUT im also being cheeky and doing the r.tricast on scitter scatter. just wonderful. dandhu. so swerve those and you might get the winner. good luck.
  • john smith
    On Qabala ante-post at 40's and backed Look Around today for small stakes at same price ............
  • MrForce
    Look Around & Iconic Choice
    EW money
  • AKD
    I was going to start a new thread but will post mine on here. Finding it really difficult to back one for win so taking a couple at big prices that will hopefully run well. I know Qabala was really impressive last time but she has only had a couple of runs and I can’t back her at a short price now, but I will say that if she wins then she is a very special filly. I thought betting on two Roger Varian horses last time was interesting, Qabala was backed from 7/1 in morning to 10/3, Mot Juste drifted from 7/2 to 7/1, so it’s clear to see where the confidence was. And historically, the horses that were beaten in the Nell Gwyn have had a better record in this than the winners, even if you forget last years 66/1 winner, before that out of the 26 horses that were unplaced in the trial, 6 went on to place in this at big prices. So I do like LOOK AROUND in this, who was only 4th (beaten 4 lengths) behind Qabala but she was staying on really well and the three in front may have been more ready than her. I am not saying she can win as she has a lot to do on the ratings but at 40/1 I have backed her each way (4 places) and also at 18/1 e/w (8 places). Her sire Kingman was narrowly beaten in 2000 Guineas and dam Magic America was placed in Group 1 in France though was a bit disappointing on her only visit here when only 6th in the Cheveley Park. Also had a saver on ICONIC CHOICE (25/1, 4 places), she has a lot of stamina in her pedigree and she only narrowly failed against Dandhu at Newbury. Trends probably against her though as no horse to have run in Fred Darling has won this since Lahan in 2000.

Bets - Look Around e/w @ 40/1 (4 places) & 18/1 (8 places), saver e/w on Iconic Choice @ 25/1 (4 places)

Good luck.
  • insidethestables1
    Skitter Scatter for me and also Star Terms ew
  • AKD
    needed Look Around to finish in 1st 8 to break even on the race, and guess where it finished, 9th lol. Iconic Choice 7th.
  • peregrine
    When I posted stand out I didn't mean stand out the back 2nd last :yawn:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.