• AKD
    4:25 Curragh

Taken a chance on one at a big price in this, FOXTROT LIV (50/1), she needs to improve but she is a consistent filly and usually gives her running. Finished out of the frame only once, that was when finishing 5th in Athasi Stakes (Group 3) sent off favourite on ground softer than ideal. I like her 2nd last season in Weld Park Stakes (Group 3), she was beaten 2 and half lengths by today’s favourite Hermosa but in turn was 3 lengths+ clear of the rest, 4th from that race finished a close 3rd in the trial two weeks ago so that is solid Group 3 form. Before that, selection had finished length and half ahead of another of today’s rivals Iridessa in a Listed race at Leopardstown. Big step up in class today after an easy win at Killarney last time. I am not saying she can win today, but a place is not impossible and I think she is a bit overpriced. Dam was a half sister to Azmeel, twice a Group 3 winner over 10 furlongs so I don’t think stamina will be a problem. Trainer Paddy Towmey is doing really well and had the 3rd (Decrypt @ 20/1) in the 2000 Guineas yesterday, and hopefully this one will run well too.

Small each way bet @ 50/1 with Bet365 (33/1 & 25/1 available for extra places)

Good luck.
  • micky
    Yes, probably a bit overpriced. It is a very difficult race to weigh up. Good luck.
  • Mugz
    Good call AKD. :clap:
  • Archie
    Good shout
  • rufusf
    WD AKD :razz:
  • AKD
    Thanks everyone. Fav won very easily, but I am happy with 3rd place, I think she can win at Listed/Group 3 level at least this season. Pleased for connections, they bought her for just 6000 guineas and she has done really well, trainer worth keeping an eye on too, not many people would have heard of him but he has made great start with the limited number of horses he has.
  • peregrine
    Nice work again akd
  • calvert
    Nice 1 AKD
  • moggy
    Well done AKD-got the 40/1 ew :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.