• Hippo
    fantastic view...but Kingsclere is actually in hampshire! Its one of those weird ones that come under the Lambourn valley ie hampshire, Berkshire, Oxon and Wiltshire! people think Lambourn is a little town, its not, the valley takes in 4 counties!

Uncle Toby was only a few miles down the road in Fyfield where i spent many happy days watching Morley Street et al gallop. While Ian (then Andrew) were producing champion flat jocks, Toby was producing Adrian Maguire, AP Mccoy et al. This whole balding family are fantastic people and surprisingly down to earth.

The facilities are fabulous and i was lucky enough to see one of their best ever horses, Silver Fling do a gallop before it had ever seen a racecourse and win at Newbury on its debut backed from 12/1 to 6/4 fav! John matthias rode it because Tony Ives was injured. I had 3 months wages on it ew at 10/1! what a day in the mid 80s!
  • Mugz
    Had a walk around Kingsclere today, went through Park House gallops, beautiful place. Missed some horses working by about 15 mins unfortunately. Will post a pic later.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.