• Mugz
    Anabale Fly was 2nd in the GC off 164 and hes beaten him by 16l getting 5lbs.
  • Hippo
    Tiger Roll was brilliant and what s ride. Didnt have s penny on it but wow what a horse!
  • dodd
    IIRC Tiger Roll nodded on landing over the second and third last which made the win even more impressive.
  • micky
    What an incredible Trifecta payout! £23K, and TBH not impossible as you had the first two in the betting with another great Irish trainer. So just the 3 best Irish trainers in first 3. Bit pissed that I missed it as I had Rathvinden and Magic of Light in combos but not with TR. Pretty stupid of me to leave out the fav I guess.
  • stainless
    Best horse won on the day. Sorry about the fatality, such a great pity that happened.
  • Mugz
    From BHA website...

"Using what I knew about the form since the weights closed back in February then the logical way to look at this race would be to take a positive view of the front three. Despite not quite having Rathvinden running to his new mark of 162, Magic of Light is now 159 (from the 151 she ran off) and is clearly a very talented mare, while the mighty Tiger is now 172, which only allows 2lb for the ‘style’ of his victory given his bare form suggests 170. This figure would have him second in this season’s Gold Cup and Betway Bowl.

I must stress, I think 172 could still underestimate him and ever since he reappeared in the Boyne Hurdle at Navan in February (a clear personal best in that discipline), Tiger Roll has looked a different horse which is remarkable given he has been on the go since 2013 and is great testament to his trainer".
  • Mugz
    Gold Cup tilt next year possibly on the cards?
  • Hippo
    The handicapper is a buffon! Therunner up has been beaten in run of the mill handicappers and the Cross Country horses wouldnt win an ordinary race if they tried. The BHA making asses of themselves again. i love Tiger Roll but winning a grade C handicap doesnt make you a worldbeater. The same buffon that thinks Cyrname is the best chaser in Britain despite only having a 40% win rate!
  • Mugz
    16/1 for The Gold Cup 2020.

Presenting Percy 14/1
    Clan Des Obeaux 16/1
    Native River 20/1

Market suggests that Tiger Roll is a player.
  • Hippo
    I wouldn’t touch any of thise 4! The winner will come from this years novices
  • Mugz
    I wouldnt back Tiger Roll now. Even if he does line up I cant see him being a short price fav. Better to wait and see how they campaign him, I would want to see him aimed at the race from Autumn onwards to see how he shapes up against the 3m+ chasers.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.