• AKD
    Not getting much luck last few days, so not confident but I have backed RULE THE OCEAN in this even though she is 3 lbs wrong at the weights. She is still a maiden after 15 runs but it is a very weak race with only 2 of the 7 runners having ever won a race so it’s not impossible to see one of the maidens winning it. Rule The Ocean ran reasonably (5th of 12) over hurdles last week, but her trainer Matt Sheppard does much better with his runners over fences. His career strike rate over fences is 13% compared to just 5% over hurdles, and it gets even better if you only include his runners in chase handicaps that are sent off at under 10/1 (23% strike rate (75 wins from 333) for LSP of +88), and he gets majority of his winners this time of year. Selection already had 4 runs over fences last year without making the frame, but she was big priced for all of those and 3 of the runs were in stronger races and she was running off much higher marks, so hopefully she will run better today.

Small win bet @ 11/2

Good luck.
  • CMB
    Had a go on Monet Moor EW. GL mate
  • AKD
    Thanks, CMB. Yet another 2nd for me, and the winner was 2nd choice on my shortlist grrrrrr
  • dodd
    Hit the post again pal
  • CMB
    Unlucky AKD. Good shout.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.