• AKD
    I backed this one earlier but couldn't get on here to post. Price has come down a bit, will use current price for record keeping.

Bet #116 - 4:30 Market Rasen - Glorious Zoff, 0.5 pt e/w @ 11/2

Main reason for backing this was the belief that last run at Uttoxeter is a key piece of form as 3 of these had run in that race. Enthused, Simply Red & Glorious Zoff had finished 1st, 2nd & 4th respectively, there was 1 1/4 lengths between first two and a further half length to my selection. Winner was raised 3 lbs, the 2nd 1 lb but Glorious has been left alone on same mark and I think on these terms he has a good chance of turning it around with those two.

There is also an interesting jockey change as Liam Harrison who knows the horse well having ridden on his last runs is not on today despite being at the course. 3 lbs conditional Jack Hogan, who has a 22% strike rate for trainer, rides for first time.

Trainer confuses matters by also running Castel Gandolfo, who has in past been ridden by Hogan, I see him as the big danger. He is closely matched with the selection as they finished 2nd & 3rd in the Summer Hurdle here earlier in the season, Glorious is 2 lbs better off for finishing half length behind so is preferred.
  • AKD
    Glorious Zoff (15/2 SP) never got involved and eventually finished 5th, he did turn it around with the two he raced against last time so it turns out I overestimated the strength of that race.

Another losing month, only 10 points staked in September with returns of 5.68 pts for loss of 4.32 pts. YTD profit has continued to drop since end of June and now stands at +13.11 from 116 pts staked.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.