• Hippo
    Useful post there wby, thsnk you
  • herbie
    Really?! That’s just a crazy statement.
    Taking it to a different level would you back me (or you) at 5/1 v Anthony Joshua. Pretty much a two horse race
  • Hippo
    No i wouldnt, But bookies would never give the 35,000,000 /1 real odds, theyd still only offer 20/1 and 1/10,000

Anyhoo I think we both want the same thing ie Cheltenham to be odd and i pray it will be
  • Mugz
    Another 3 positives from McCains yard, including one of his Ayr runners, so that could mean it has spread. Also 1 more positive from a runner at Wolves earlier in the week, and all horses from that meeting now to be tested with their yards in lockdown.

Highly unlikely we will be racing on Wednesday, and if more positives follow it could be weeks.
  • Mugz
    They must have results back now, so hopefully it will be good news. Havent heard any stories of trainers saying their horses are showing symptoms other than McCains.
  • Hippo
    All clear so far in lambourn. In fact henderson is quite happy for a few days more to dort out the minor bug thats held some of his up. He only really had angels breath running on sat from his stars so no hold up at all. In fact i think they are grinning at nicholls moaning!

Word is he is preparing runners for thurs onward so seems confident racing will return....fingers crossed!
  • Mugz
    Hopefully there will be an announcement tomorrow that we will be back on Wed. Providing the entries are all from yards given the all clear I cant see theres any problem.
  • Mugz
    from BHA.

A pragmatic and evidence-led approach is being adopted in order to enable the BHA to make decisions on Monday as to whether racing can return on Wednesday 13 February. A prioritisation plan for testing is being adopted, which is based on the proximity of horses to a positive test, or to a yard returning a positive test. Swabs will continue to be collected and tested from other horses, but some are being fast tracked. Separately, a specific plan is being formed as to what the clearance process will be for individual yards to return to racing.

This process will remain ongoing through today and tomorrow with a view to sufficient evidence being gathered to make a decision on Monday evening as to whether racing can return on Wednesday. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding that as much evidence as possible must be gathered prior to making a decision as to when racing can safely return.

Should racing be given the go ahead to return on Wednesday then declarations for all races would take place on Tuesday.
  • Dazzler
    Hearing that racing might not start again until the 03rd March! Which leaves it close for Cheltenham!!
  • Hippo
    Disappointing that Crisfords yard found to have 4 cases. Does anyone know whether there any cases reported during a "normal" year? So far 7 -10 cases out of a population of 5,000 odd? Genuinely wondering if there is a precedent?

as none are reported (so far) from Lambourn cant we hold Cheltenham for Lambourn and Irish runners only! lol! Id love to see Nicholls face! he'd explode in his own slime!

So one of the medians appear to be two northern tracks...Ayr and Newcastle. Interesting that one of Crisford runners at Newcastle has tested negative. Also 9and im not a vet, i just keep a very long glove for comedic reasons!) but i also see this strain is not the norm and originates from South and Central America. Seems odd to me as I cant remember many South American horses racing her. Im guessing theyve looked at feed etc? I suppose what i am saying is have they looked at the potential source rather than just the result of the infection ( I am sure they have). Also is this as aggressive as the different type that brought Australia to its knees? My understanding (limited i admit) is that its highly virulent and easy to pass on...odd that most of the runners at Newcastle and Ayr have tested negative

I was in lambourn yesterday and life seemed normal except noone on the schooling grounds but the hill was in use and noone seemed particularly worried. I await this afternoon's announcement. A rumour doing the rounds is to ban certain stables from racing but let it go ahead. This seems sensible and protocol already in place (same as when a yard has a virus and shuts up shop)

i hope your wrong Dazzler but i can see that the BHA may err on the side of caution and go for 3rd March. Sadly this would ruin the festival for many unless it can be delayed (which im sure the police for one wouldnt allow) which means Aintree would have to be delayed as well meaning no Irish horses as they will chose Punchestown instead. Worrying times.
  • Mugz
    I hope they start racing this week, perhaps testing the water with 1 or 2 meetings a day while they are still monitoring and then back to normal next week. I cant see the problem if there are clean horses in affected yards, then yards which are totally clean should be allowed to race.
  • Mugz
    BHA announcement around 10.30pm tonight. Seemsshort notice for racing on Wednesday if its a green light so maybe a Friday or Saturday start.
  • Dazzler
    Racing goes ahead on Wednesday - Risk Managed!! Great news, roll on Cheltenham
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.