• Hippo
    Just doing my normal trawl looking for value and two races at Sandown have got entries from 2 of my noted horses

225 Articulum is 25/1 which is incredible value...if it runs! its also entered in the big Irish Festival on the same day but i have a feeling it may show at Sandown as a lot of knowledgeable guys think the Irish novice chase form is miles ahead of the British. The ground is a concern as Good never appears in a description in Ireland! But have a close look at its form and youll see 25/1 is great. It should be an 8/1 chance and if trained by Mullins or Elliot it would be 4/1. Good chance it wont run (ground/other preference) but i have to have a bit at 25/1 ew

3.00 Am i mad? probably! A fiendish handicap with horses from top yards returning from failed chasing adventures but most importantly i cant see anything that well handicapd. So my eye gets drawn to man of Plenty and yes, Champ form ties in with it! Its been taken off its feet the last two races but went into my book to try over longer. Hey presto Sophie Leech has listened to me! Its been finishing nicely with no chance of winning but its 40/1 first 5 places so again ive got to play a small bit. I think it will be 20/1 on the day so not as good value as above. i fear if the ground stays good it may not run. Thats the risk and why you get 25/1 and 40/1 prices on horses who should be 8/1 and 20/1...my kinda bet!

Small stakes only for a chance of winning big plus the ew double of course

Brewinupastorm is 14/1 for the Ballymore so my 50/1 looks good and its similar for the supreme so 66/1 looks good. But Champ is 4/1 for the Ballymore and thats still good value as I reckon it could be odds on in March if it runs and wins again. So im hoping brewin runs in the Supreme...he has the speed for it. If i have a big win this week ill have to wade into Champ...the noises from Seven barrows are all positively and they think its 10lb better than Birchdale
  • Hippo
    I see Nestor park won today...that was last and beaten miles by Champ last time out!
  • Hippo
    Articulum not running. at Sandown. Thought id lost my stake but bet365 have refunded it, happy days. Will have a look in Ireland for it
  • Archie
    Leopardstown 2:35 12/1
  • Hippo
    cheers Archie
  • Hippo
    Man of plenty ean a cracker st 50/1 in 6th (20/1 first 6 ew) and the irish horse was a nr again
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.