• moggy
    Dear Matt, I hope that you are now in a better place and had a great Xmas Day. I for one have really missed your postings and the profits that you were achieving with your selections and I do hope that you are able to come back and instill some calmness on this board for all too often people feel the need to snipe at each other and you never did that. I am not connected in any way to people in the racing know and rely on the good genuine people on this board who want to help avid racing followers like me. Of course we all take the decision of what we bet and how much we bet but without this really good board and committed genuine posters to guide people like me the harder it becomes to sort the winners. So I hope Matt that you will be able to return at some point, Happy New Year to you anyway. :smile: Be Lucky All.
  • calvert
    I agree Missing Matt . All The Best
  • Noel x
    Sorry two here about you matt i al so look at your post and have great respect for you your the top man and a very happy xmas and a happy new year
  • Matt Jarvis
    Hi all,

Was going to check in yesterday and offer my well wishes but was caught up in the festivities. Thank you for the kind words, it's really appreciated and touching. Some great, genuine people on here and wish you all nothing but success and good fortunes in everything that you do.

Unfortunately, I will not be coming back on a regular basis (That also includes for Cheltenham). It's bizarre, my willpower is unbeliveable aside from with gambling. Kicked alcohol and the desire has completely gone and with everything else I give up the desire goes immediately. Not the case with gambling. I can go a few weeks/months where I'm steady but then I want to go crazy and bet everything away and more than I've got. I've enjoyed some absolutely unbelieveable times but the lows are far more devestating and severe. I'm enjoying watching racing every so often these days without having an interest and enjoying more of what I want to do such as walking and got back into writing (My memoirs won't be published anytime soon).

I've taken the hard decision of seperating with my long term partner of nearly 9 years a few weeks back, the hardest thing I've ever had to do considering everything she's done for me the past several years and she's been an absolute rock but it was no longer working. We've come to an agreement financially once the house is sold but I'll be happy paying all my debts off and everything else she can have.

2019 is going to be a great year and I'm sure I'll lurk on the board every couple of months to see what's happening but there's plenty of good tipsters on here and good judges so it's fine hands and Mugz will continue to lead this great ship.

I'll leave you all with one last winning post below (give some of the winnings to a good cause if you can):

12:30 Chepstow - Kingsplace
    13:50 Leopardstown - Daly Tiger
    14:00 Wolverhampton - Scrafton
    14:15 Wetherby - Forest Bihan
    14:50 Chepstow - Kansas City Chief
    15:00 Leopardstown Polidam

Hope you and everyone close to you has a great end to 2018 and may 2019 be a year full of prosperity and happiness for you all.

Matt
  • CMB
    Matt great to hear from you! I wish you the very best mate.
  • theloser
    So sorry to hear of your troubles Matt, Hope 2019 will bring a bright future for you
  • calvert
    Wishing you all the Best Matt
  • john smith
    all the best for 2019 Matt - I'm sure the worse is behind you
  • Mugz
    All the very best Matt, sorry to read about your split, but glad to read that you are in a positive frame of mind for 2019.

Good luck.
  • Dazzler
    Wish you all the best for 2019 and beyond Matt.
  • Amadeus
    Wishing you all the best for the future Matt
  • FLA
    Best of luck Matt
  • Dadeo
    Good Luck for the future Matt, and Thanks for all your past posts.
  • pawciojanik
    Good Luck Matt !
  • Kneeejerker
    Can I have the EX's phone number :cool: Seriously best of British to you both and all on here
  • stainless
    Good Luck for 2019 Matt.
  • moggy
    Hi Matt, despite all the things happening with your life it is good to see that you looking ahead to the future and I wish you all the good fortune that may come your way and with it happiness, for that is what most people need in this life and many don't get it! Take care and Be Lucky. :smile:
  • finley
    Evening Matt, good to hear you are well,your candid and honest comments regarding the perils of gambling are refreshing, if someone like yourself who is a fabulous assessor of a horse race feels having the willpower to reduce or limit staking,even taking time away from racing is the right thing to do,I'm right behind you my friend.
    Their are a sea of punters who clearly lose far more than they win causing themselves and loved ones massive financial difficulties.As I have said before I had many years of losing (albeit small amounts )until ifollowed a style of punting that suits me.
    For the last four or five years I have managed to stay in front with small staking and LONG ODDS punting
    Yes,the lengthy losing runs can be emotionally difficult,but the thrill of a big priced winner is wonderful,however,If i'm ever in a position where I am losing money I simply cannot afford to lose I will pack it all in once and for all.

Very best wishes to you for 2019,hoping you find some peace.

regards Finley.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.