• AKD
    Quite a few selections for me today, and most of them are near top of the betting. I have a feeling that I could either have a very good day or more likely a very bad day, so I haven’t backed these as singles, only as doubles and trebles (and an each way acca just in case), so if it does go badly wrong it won’t do too much damage to my bank. Good luck all.

1:50 Catterick - FOGNINI (2/1) just failed to give a lot of weight to a newcomer last time (was clear of the 3rd), but he still looks to be improving, and although he again has to give a lot of weight to most of these, I think he has a good chance.

2:35 Gowran Park - SHIP OF DREAMS (4/1) has been kept very busy, having run 11 times already this year, but she is a tough filly and went close in a Listed race last time. She still looks to be improving, and pedigree suggests she will be suited by this slightly longer trip. Booking of Donnacha O’Brien has to be a positive as he is showing a level stkes profit over last fortnight, trainer/jockey combination of O’Brien brothers has done very well this season, especially here at Gowran they have won 6 from just 14 runners (+6 LSP) this season.

3:10 Gowran Park - although TONY THE GENT (5/1) appears to be up against it at the weights, he is a very consistent horse that has placed on 45% of all his starts (56% when going right handed), has also won on only previous visit to this track and I think he can give the top two a good race.

4:25 Ayr - COLLIDE (5/2) has recorded very easy wins in novice events on last two starts and steps up to a class 2 handicap. Although it seems a big jump in class, I think he is well weighted and should be up to winning this. On negative side, Hugo Palmer doesn’t have a good record here, but as I have mentioned before (when tipping El Ghazwani earlier in the month) he has a very good record on handicap debuts.

4:45 Catterick - not much between top two, but I think notable jockey booking of Jason Hart on SHAWAAMEKH (6/4) could make the difference. Hart, who did his apprenticeship with Declan Carroll, had his first rides in two years for Carroll last month, won at 11/1 & finished 5th on a 25/1 shot. He has a good record at Catterick too, having ridden more winners here in last two years than any other jockey.

5:35 Newmarket - MR WAGYU (5/1) has struggled to cope with higher class and drops to class 4 for first time since his narrow win on the July course 4 runs ago, and that could see him return to form. But to be fair this is a strong looking class 4, and I wouldn’t rule out Captain Colby who is starting to look very well handicapped.
  • malcolm
    Good Luck m8
  • AKD
    Thanks Mal. The two shortest priced ones (2/1 & 6/4) won, and had the 1-2 in Newmarket race but unfortunately for me the wrong way around. Loss on the day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.